Do we need tubes ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Chadscamaro

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:26 PM

I am wanting to run a set of street tires on my bike when on the street and most performance street tires are tubeless, so can the wheels on a 06 450 run tubeless or can I run a tube in a tubeless tire ? Thanks for the help.

• Alley Cat

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:33 PM

just run tubes in them mate.

• rich1167

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:51 PM

I am wanting to run a set of street tires on my bike when on the street and most performance street tires are tubeless, so can the wheels on a 06 450 run tubeless or can I run a tube in a tubeless tire ? Thanks for the help.

Not with spokes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted September 20, 2006 - 09:02 PM

gotta run a tube in them if you are using spoked wheels. Works fine, just use lower pressure, 23 to 26 pounds.

• Chadscamaro

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:03 AM

ok, thanks, so i will just get tubeless tires and run tubes. That sounded like the easy solution,but wanted to be sure ! Thanks for the help.

• 06WR450FSM

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:01 AM

No, we don't NEED tubes... But I feel safer using them with my 17" tubeless supermoto tires.

If you are willing to lay down a thick layer of silicone over the spoke bed and then wrap a few revolutions with quality duct tape before the silicone cures, a leak-tight seal can be made. This has been documented at supermotojunkies.com.

But since I'd be paranoid and would always be checking to make sure a leak hasn't developed, I'll opt for peace of mind by using tubes.

But tubes may actually be optional...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.