dunlop 739

8 replies to this topic
  • fatboyrv84

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:09 PM

has anybody ran the dunlop 739 made just for desert if so is it a good tire of should i stick with maxxis maxx it i what do you guys think

• jerryls

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:29 PM

I had the 739 AT, and can honestly say it is my least favorite front tire. The rear was okay, nothing special. Stick with Maxxis.

Jerry

• CISCO

Posted September 21, 2006 - 06:21 AM

Try the Bridgestone M601 front. Nice tire for hard terrain. The M401 is also good if you get into more sandy desert.

The 739 is good for holding down tarps on a windy day. :thumbsup:

• ben_suhard

Posted September 21, 2006 - 06:59 AM

has anybody ran the dunlop 739 made just for desert if so is it a good tire of should i stick with maxxis maxx it i what do you guys think

The 739 is a hardpack tyre, not good for sand riding. The 756 is a soft terrain tyre.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCIENCE

Posted September 21, 2006 - 07:14 AM

The 739 is good for holding down tarps on a windy day. :thumbsup:

.....Or for that brand new tire look when you sell your bike!

• kevin nichols

Posted September 27, 2006 - 02:04 PM

I ride over a large variety of different surfaces and I was not impressed with the characteristics of the D739. I changed to an IRC VE35 and was totally impressed on how much better the bike would hold a line. The VE35 also has a more aggressive knob pattern, has more grip, is cheaper and lasts much longer. Check it out.

• grayracer513

Posted September 27, 2006 - 04:02 PM

If I ever had to run Super Moto on a 21" wheel, the D739 is the tire I'd use.

• ktmr

Posted September 27, 2006 - 05:59 PM

I cannot honestly say much about the D739 tire specifically. Although, I will give my .02 on Dunlop and their customer service. A couple of weeks ago I was mounting a new D952 and the bead absolutely shredded on me. I have mounted many tires over the years, and yes I know what I am doing. Obviously the tire had poor craftsmanship or materials. The customer service at Dunlop, once you get someone on the phone, was horrible. They really acted as though they did not care about their product or reputation. I understand I am only one person and a nobody, but they were down right rude on the phone. When I told them their information was incorrect on their web site, he basically said that he did not care. I told him that I understand they are a business and are in business to make money. Just stand behind what your web site says is your warranty policy and who are your dealers. Needless to say, I will not buy another Dunlop again. I am sure their CEO will not be able to buy that extra house because of loosing my business, but it is the whole principal in the matter. Of course, I am trying to recruit as many other consumers to stay away from Dunlop as well. If they treated me that bad when I had a situation, they will you also.

• 2tall2tall

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:22 PM

The Dunlop 739AT on the rear is a good tire but the Maxxis is better (for desert riding)The 739 on the front is not too exciting and I am going to try the Maxxis up front for my next tire.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.