Honda XR600r stator

5 replies to this topic
  • winter420

Posted September 20, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Anyone Have any info on rewinding the ignition stator yourself. If not than where can I send it to be rewound?

• Blome

Posted September 20, 2006 - 05:03 PM

Here you go: http://www.all-offro...atorRewind.html, but if I could just make one suggestion I think you should just get it done or swap it for a Ricky Stator. You're not gonna save yourself much money and it takes a lot of time. If baja designs does it for you it's $130 and they give you as much help as you need hooking it up plus it's wound for dual output at about 140w each circuit. Ricky stators (I haven't had any experience with these) can be found for $130-150 with a swap of your old stator. Save yourself the headache and just get one from these guy's, it's worth it.

• cleonard

Posted September 21, 2006 - 05:37 AM

As far as I know no one rewinds the ignition coil. Baja Designs only rewinds the lighting coil. I asked them about it. Ricky is just a replacement. When mine went out I didn't have the $150 to spare for the Ricky stator so I just rewound it myself. It's not too difficult. Mine is still going strong after two years.

Here is a site that talks about it. http://www.crustyqui...ech/stator.html

You need to find some #33 or #34 enamel magnet wire. I got mine from an electronic surplus place for $5. If you have a later XR600 the ignition coil is on two cores, not one as shown on that webpage. If yours has two, wind one clockwise and the other counterclockwise.

I have have several posts in this forum about this process. Search for some of the posts on this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dick757

Posted September 21, 2006 - 12:25 PM

There is also this

• Jon-D

Posted September 21, 2006 - 05:34 PM

You can also pick up a XL coil off of e-bay.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted September 22, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Buy the ricky stator, great support, and it comes complete, new ignition coils as well as dual outrput mode for stator.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.