2001 yz426 mods

24 replies to this topic
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted September 24, 2006 - 07:50 AM

If you ever go riding with me again, you can show me.... :thumbsup: :lame: :p

And who missed the last local race? I am looking forward to riding with you & the gang soon. I'm just a little worried about overheating... :bonk:

• 642MX

Posted September 24, 2006 - 02:14 PM

And who missed the last local race? I am looking forward to riding with you & the gang soon. I'm just a little worried about overheating... :p

I know, but my trailer lights didn't work. :lame: I'm not old enough to get into your class anyway. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted September 24, 2006 - 06:39 PM

I know, but my trailer lights didn't work. :lame: I'm not old enough to get into your class anyway. :thumbsup:

The old man's class may suprise you.... Trust me. :p

• stillsun

Posted September 25, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I went with the normal HotCam on my 426 (only cost about $70 that way) along with the intake HotCam and a big bore kit.... I don't mind having the manual decompression at all and with all the water riding we doing it's good to be able to blow the motor out sometimes if you get a little water in the air box and subsquently a little in the cylinder as well as being able to dry the cylinder if you do flood it out for some reason. With that being said I don't hardly ever have these problems, but I the cam was significantly cheaper, offered me no great advantage (I have AD on my other bike so I do know what it's like) so I opted to keep it.... after the rebuild I would say the thing flicks over quite easily. Nice smooth stroke through and she fires right up... hell fired up second kick after the complete rebuild of the whole bike (dry carb, rebuilt big bore motor, etc.)

Unless they were the same price I would stick to non-AD, I couldn't justify doubling the price of the cam for AD, to me personally it wasn't a $70 benefit...

J

• kevin nichols

Posted September 27, 2006 - 01:55 PM

The DR. D pipe and header, test after test seems to have the most power. Works best for me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.