left side case needed wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • huero

Posted September 20, 2006 - 01:43 PM

I decided to do the starter upgrade on my '03 wr450. I was putting the cover back on and tightening the bolts and I cracked the cover. I don't really know what I did wrong but I must have not had everything lined up right.

Anyhow, anybody have a cover lying around?

Thanks,

Huero

Update,
I looked and realized what I did wrong. I did not have the case cover pushed onto the starter enough. As a result, it bound up the case cover and when I tightened the bolts I cracked the cover.

• Looks450

Posted September 21, 2006 - 04:50 AM

I did the same and fixed it by glueing it back together and along teh crack with araldite, epoxy glue. It has lasted teh next 2500 ks with only the smallest weep on long rides.

• huero

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hey, thank you for the advice.

Did you crack the part of the case cover that mates up to the starter?

I thought about jb weld or another likewise epoxy. However, I cracked the cover on the face where the o-ring seals up the torque limiter cover. I wonder if it will still seal.

Where did you crack yours?

Huero

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted September 22, 2006 - 04:50 PM

LOL I did the exac same thing. I jb welded it and it held nicely, but I glued it in the wrong position so air is coming out of there. I ordered one for the TT store and saved some money.

• johnnyjeep

Posted September 22, 2006 - 05:52 PM

LOL I did the exac same thing. I jb welded it and it held nicely, but I glued it in the wrong position so air is coming out of there. I ordered one for the TT store and saved some money.

you are all over the place with this. Ill be thinking of you while I spit rocks at the red machine.

• rich1167

Posted September 22, 2006 - 06:58 PM

They sometimes pop up on E-bay. Their is a guy parting an 04 on their. But I think he is selling the motor as a whole.

• huero

Posted September 23, 2006 - 11:10 AM

Thanks guys,

I ordered one and will be careful not to do the same thing with it.

Thanks,

Huero

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.