Jetting problems w/ 07 YZ450F

Hey I am having a horrible time getting this thing jetted correctly. I have a new 07 450F. The carb looks the same as the 06. My question is does anyone know the stock (factory) specs and what I should change to. I am @ 4500 FT and temp usually is 60-90. Humidity is usually low 35% is all. Can any of you help out? Also I have the WB carbon pro exhaust.

Thanks

Hey I am having a horrible time getting this thing jetted correctly. I have a new 07 450F. The carb looks the same as the 06. My question is does anyone know the stock (factory) specs and what I should change to. I am @ 4500 FT and temp usually is 60-90. Humidity is usually low 35% is all. Can any of you help out? Also I have the WB carbon pro exhaust.

Thanks

damn I would have thought after the lean conditions of the 06 they would have addressed this. What is the manual say for stock jetting settings?

What is the mj and pj in that 07 carb?

So quick question just to make sure I am thinking I am doing the correct thing. A 165 jet will let more fuel in than a 168 jet correct? And a 45 jet will let more fuel in than a 48 jet correct? And the needle a #4 lets in more fuel than the #3 setting? Am I thinking correctly?

Thanks for the help.

I think you have it backwards, the larger the number the larger the hole in the jet.

Equals more fuel or richer mixture.

The lower the number on the needle, less fuel. Needle at # 4 will be richer than at the #3 position.

The higher up the needle you go(towards #1 or top of needle), the needle will be allowed to be deeper into the jet thus leaning the mixture.

This is the way I understand it to be.

Ron

The bigger the jet number, the higher the fuel flow EXCEPT .............on the leak jet. The lower the number on the leak jet the higher the flow. ?
Which makes perfect sense if you understand what the leak jet does. Just like the name says, it leaks fuel out of the accelerator pump discharge circuit. The bigger the number, the bigger hole, the bigger the leak, which, as you said, results in less fuel discharged at the accel pump spray nozzle.

But, the purpose of the leak jet is not to regulate the amount of fuel delivered, even though it gets used for that, as much as to control when it's delivered. If the leak jet did not exist, every opening on the throttle, no matter how slow or slight, would dump fuel down the carb throat. This is desirable when the throttle opening is suddenly increased, but when it is opened more slowly, it isn't. By putting a leak in the circuit partway up the vertical run to the discharge nozzle, fuel pumped upstream slowly will leak out through the leak jet instead of being pumped into the throat. If opened faster, fuel can't be leaked out fast enough, and it does get pumped into the air stream.

The ignition timing and curves are different on the 07 vs the 06 so the 06 jetting fixes will most likely not be applicable to the 07 but I have the following jets in my bike.

48 pilot Fuel screw is out 2.5 turns at 1500 feet 80 to 90 Degrees temp

NFLR - 4

165 main

I have an aftermarket pipe and power nows with the TPS disconnected which is why I need more pilot jet.

The jets that are in the 07 may very well work but I think it will still be beneficial to get an adjustable fuel screw.

First off I wouldn't always believe what you hear. That is a good way to waste $$$ as what is good for someone else may not work for you. Use a lot of the information here for a base line. If you have the stock pipe I would put it back on and take your bike for a rip. I think you will find the power will be extraordinary. Other than that, as stated, call the exhaust company and get a recommendation. Good luck