Digital Performance Ignition

1 reply to this topic
  • Dirtnut

Posted December 05, 2001 - 02:35 AM

I am curious if a digital ignition will help the starting difficulties the Yamaha's seem to have. Ingitions such as DYNA'S FS. Anyone used them? What are some opinions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted December 05, 2001 - 05:22 AM

i'm 80% sure that the starting problems of these bikes is the carburation.

the only reason i'm not 100% is because the problems for some have come from nowhere.

i'm a great believer in medium old plugs. if it's running well leave the old girl in!

i've had abike that didn't want to start. i literally left it in the garage for a month last year and missed the end of season john banks national enduro.

i've been there. i think the plugs just get worn down and tired of the rich/lean/rich/lean scenario they go through and simply pack up.

they don't lose any one battle, it's the bloody campaign that gets them!

that's why a new plug helps for a little while.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.