Electric start YZ 450....to support EFI?

4 replies to this topic
  • SurvivorMan

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:36 AM

I did a search on this in this forum and there is nothing yet for the upcoming YZ 450's to go with an E start, kind of like the KTM 450 SX-F. I understand that this years sx-f with the E start is testing grounds for next years model equiped with EFI. I was woundering if anyone out there has heard of other Jap models doing the same (hopefully Yamaha), or I guess kick start for moto is all that is really neccessary. I race hare scrambles and cross countries, so I would love to replace the kick with a happy button. From my understanding, the E start set up is only a pound or two more then a kick set up (these are separate, not together). Anyways, I am excited about the EFI's that will be coming out, I just hope we see E starts on the YZ's as well!!

• Chrome Speedo

Posted September 20, 2006 - 11:28 AM

I know there is an outfit that provides EFI systems for YZ's. I am working on a cool YZ/WR hybrid project and might have to consider it although it is probably to much $$$.

The rumor is for Jap bikes to have EFI for 2008.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 20, 2006 - 02:56 PM

None of the Japanese experimental EFI MX bikes have or require an e-start.

• John_Curea

Posted September 20, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Go to the TT racing forum and ask DROB that question. He just installed the Optimum Power EFI unit on his sons' bike. I think he might be able to have some insight on your question.

Take Care, John

• SurvivorMan

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:40 AM

I am sure that all Jap 450's and 250's as well as the KTM's will have EFI's by 08. It would be nice though to see the E start option as well. I think KTM is doing an excellent job. They come up with a lot of new ideas and pour in a lot of money into enduro style race bikes. I wish Yamaha would come up with some more enduro related race bikes too. The WR is no match for the XC's. I guess it is a smaller market, but then look at KTM's sales numbers. Every race I go to, half of all the bikes are orange, ifnot more.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.