Tall Guy big bar Handlebar Risers?

7 replies to this topic
  • xr650rkyle

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:08 AM

Does anyone know where I can purchase a bolt on pair of extra tall
big bar risers? (For Aftermarket Clamps)
I am wishing for 2" high and a inch forward.
I have not found any one who makes aor sells them. Any help would be appreciated!

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:22 AM

Try BRP or use 2 sets of bottom triple clamp mounts, some tall guys use quad bars too.I don't have the problem I'm height deficient but have a 6'9" riding buddy. He uses a BRP sub mount and tall bars.

• XRandWRRider

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Try some fat bar adapters on top of the factory triple-clamp or a Scotts Under Bar (S.U.B.) Mount on a BRP/Scotts Triple clamp with Pastrana FMX or similar bend bars. That will definitely get you up where you want to be in height. The adapter + new bars will be the cheapest route at about $120, but you may need new/longer throttle cables if go too high. I have the S.U.B. with "CR High" bend which are lower than the Pastrana FMX bars, and I needed the new throttle cables. IIRC I paid about $55 for the cables. It was expensive, but worth it IMHO. The change will make it seem like a new bike. You will actually be able to stand without killing your back and/or your legs. Good luck!

• xr650rkyle

Posted September 20, 2006 - 09:41 AM

I have an Applied triple clamp installed already so i don't need the BRP clamp.
Just need high risers with a bolt...
On BRP's web site it says that you must use their clamp with the high sub mount, So I don't think their risers will work with applied's triple clamp..

Or will They???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigMikey

Posted September 20, 2006 - 01:01 PM

Not sure with the Applied clamp, but I'm 6'8" and picked up some bar risers from Thumper Racing a few years ago that are 1.5 up and 1.5 out. Using the stock clamp they work great for me. The risers aren't listed in their online catalog that I could see, but I'd drop them a line. I'm sure they could answer the Applied clamp question too.

Hope that helps...

• tpsman

Posted September 20, 2006 - 05:01 PM

I just installed these risers...

Dirtbike Pro Risers (Move the bars up and forward about an inch each direction)

The net effect

New and improved

• xr650rkyle

Posted September 23, 2006 - 09:23 AM

The dirt bike pro adapters look like a cheap way to go, I might give them a shot. PS: I called thumper racing and they make an adapter mount that moves it up and out 1.5" but only comes in 7/8" size. I wish they had one for a 1 1/8...

• 767driver

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Tag metals also makes a riser(big bar). I put one on one of my R's. Got it from Afterburnermx.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.