Need Stock Head Pipe for 426

9 replies to this topic
  • Greco

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:36 PM

Boy am I glad to find this site! Been lurking around for awhile and now I need something that I did not find in search mode.

Short story, I have a 426 with a full White Bros E Series system. I used to ride harescrambles and sound was not an issue. Now trail riding with buddies and they hate me. I decided to try the quiet core insert. No dice, different sound, but not quieter. I am running 10 disks. Any more the bike is obnoxious, any less the bike runs poorly.

Being the smart guy that I am (being a cheapskate has nothing to do with it). I ordered a Yosh slip on from an Ebay seller that is advertised as a 96db unit. Guess what? It don't fit my WB head pipe. Now I feel stupid. Do I try to send it back and get the full system or try to find a stock head pipe to work with the slip on I already have?

I would love to find a stock head pipe to fit the new Yosh slip on so I don't have to buy a new system, ship the other one back, worry about a credit, and so on....

So, anybody got one? Price?

• GreenKLX

Posted September 19, 2006 - 09:52 PM

I have one, PM me for details.

• Greco

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:24 AM

PM sent.

• Pincushion

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:27 AM

Just for reference.....

I think the YFZ450 quad header will also work with the bikes. You can expand your search if this is the case.

• Greco

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Pin - Thanks for the info. I got a line on a 426 unit from GreenKLX. Are you sure that the 450 unit will work with the 426? I was under the impression that the 450 was different from the 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pincushion

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:45 AM

The YZ/WR450 and YZ/WR426 certainly are interchangable as I've personally done it. I belive the YZ/WR400 will also interchange with the before mentioned bikes also, but I've not personally tested that theory. Nor have I tested the quad theory, but I have some hazy reccolection that they will.

Kudos to GreenKLX for hooking you up and to you for keeping it quite!

• Greco

Posted September 25, 2006 - 09:15 AM

Hey KLX - Your PM's are full! I tried to PM you back to get an eta on the pipe and it wouldn't go through.

• Greco

Posted September 27, 2006 - 01:22 PM

OK boys, the new head pipe showed up today. I will install it tonight. Had to edit my original post according to the message board rules. Sorry Mr. GR!

• sxchamp03

Posted October 05, 2006 - 09:33 AM

if it is the full e series for sale check ur pms.

• Greco

Posted October 05, 2006 - 10:39 AM

PM's checked. I should not have buried a "for sale" item in a message board post. I have edited both posts. Sorry for bending the rules.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.