Small changes I noticed on new 07

19 replies to this topic
  • mobius

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:09 PM

Tonight I brought home my new 07. I had some fun with it because I was able to pick it up still in the crate. The first thing I did was remove the forks and shock, got them boxed up and ready to ship to Enzo in the morning. I noticed that alot of the bolts are improved compared to the 06 450. Most of the bolts have a 10mm head which is very handy to work on. I also noticed that the bars are taller and the bar clamps are a different shape.I have alot of after market stuff that I have been stocking up on while waiting for my bike to come in , so that should keep me busy along with putting grease on all of the bearings until I get my suspension back from Enzo. I will post a ride report when it is all done.

• Supafreak_711

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:48 PM

Lucky bastard.... lol. Did you get the white SE model?

• mobius

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:59 PM

No I didn`t go white. I still have my yellow 06 and I kind of missed the blue.

• adamdf

Posted September 20, 2006 - 02:32 PM

SWEEEEET, can't wait to hear your ride report!

• DPW

Posted September 20, 2006 - 04:20 PM

The first thing I did was remove the forks and shock, got them boxed up and ready to ship to Enzo in the morning.

Wouldn't it be better to break in the suspension before you ship it?

• DKLEIN

Posted September 20, 2006 - 04:45 PM

You did it wright by going BLUE :thumbsup:

• mobius

Posted September 20, 2006 - 05:31 PM

Wouldn't it be better to break in the suspension before you ship it?

I have done this so many times that I know to just get it done ASAP. I am 6ft 4in tall and weigh 230lbs and ride senior expert so I know what I want. Enzo will do the same springs and valving if it is broken in or not. I will just break it in with their specs. Other small things that I have noticed is the schrader valve on the shock reservoir is brass instead of aluminum, The radiators have a brace on them and the outlet on the tip of the silencer is quite a bit smaller.

• SurvivorMan

Posted September 20, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Apparently, the mid to bottom power is less than an 06, probably because of the exhaust can and the size of the pipe going through it. The yz was the loudest of the 450's in 06, so they had to get that down....so also, down goes the power.
You have more patience than me. I would grease all the bearings and then ride the thing, put 3-4 hours on it and set the sag, then blacken the fork and shock oil and then get the suspension guys to dial it in and put fresh oil in it.

• lastchild

Posted September 20, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Apparently, the mid to bottom power is less than an 06, probably because of the exhaust can and the size of the pipe going through it. The yz was the loudest of the 450's in 06, so they had to get that down....so also, down goes the power.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that an aftermarket pipe would fix that?

• kyle450rider

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Congrats on the new bike!I sure hope i get the call for mine soon.I really like the white but after looking at a couple of 2006 blue bikes,I'm sold on the blue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted September 20, 2006 - 09:28 PM

I like the blue also.

• MJC476

Posted September 21, 2006 - 12:31 AM

The 06's in Australia with the powerbomb type header would have to be the quietest of the bunch over here. I believe that they (aus header) have a smoother bottom to mid but that just means more drive :thumbsup:

• SCIENCE

Posted September 21, 2006 - 04:50 AM

I have done this so many times that I know to just get it done ASAP. I am 6ft 4in tall and weigh 230lbs and ride senior expert so I know what I want. Enzo will do the same springs and valving if it is broken in or not. I will just break it in with their specs. Other small things that I have noticed is the schrader valve on the shock reservoir is brass instead of aluminum, The radiators have a brace on them and the outlet on the tip of the silencer is quite a bit smaller.

Agreed. I'm close to your size, (5lbs lighter and an inch shorter) and I generally send my suspension out when new. Usually just spring/oil change, but have revalved a couple times. When you get it back, break in will have some contaminants in the oil, but not too much. I would assume that you're servicing the forks regularly, so this is a non-issue. I've seen new shocks come apart and you wouldn't believe how much air is in there as well as not such good looking oil. Putting fresh oil in a shock (& eliminating the air bubbles etc) makes a huge difference whether you revalve or not.

• YZ450F06

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:08 AM

Sorry I know this isn't a thread on jetting. But sounds like you know quite a bit about the bike. I just got my new one as well. I am having a terrible time jetting it. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do. I ride at 4500 ft and average temp 60-90 degrees. pretty dry no humidity. Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

• mobius

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:47 AM

I have not ridden my 07 yet but on my 06 I ran a 48 pilot and a 170 main with DR D exhaust, Quick Shot AP cover, Zip-Ty fuel screw @ 2 turns out and a YZ250 filter cage with no screen.

• YZ450F06

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:11 AM

You ride in Utah as well eh? Do you do tracks or little sahara or both? I know the new stock mj is a 160 and the pj is a 45. You're planning on jetting once you get to ride it correct?

• mobius

Posted September 21, 2006 - 03:36 PM

You ride in Utah as well eh? Do you do tracks or little sahara or both? I know the new stock mj is a 160 and the pj is a 45. You're planning on jetting once you get to ride it correct?

I plan on riding it and then seeing if I need to jet. It always takes a little break in time on the motor to see how she`s going to run. As far as types of riding, I do alot of desert racing, motocross and countless trail rides. Last June I raced at Mammoth and my bike ran just fine at 8000 ft. , although a little down on power.

• kyle450rider

Posted September 21, 2006 - 06:49 PM

How come noone has posted any action pics of there new bikes?

• ThompsonV311

Posted September 21, 2006 - 07:07 PM

LOL they want to replace that ugly grey and black seat cover first. :thumbsup:

• kyle450rider

Posted September 21, 2006 - 10:59 PM

All the posts on the new 2007 are still pics.Everyone that say's they have one probably just photoshopped a new one off the yamaha sight and put it on here.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.