okay, lets see the tricked out XR650L models that we have around

103 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 06:29 PM

Metalwkr nice ride, supertrapp and a rack, but very clean :devil:

• justicedone

Posted October 09, 2006 - 07:07 PM

Theres a few parts I still want, but dont really need...on my bike

Other project has taken high priority...

I have put over 12k into my 67Camaro SS/RS 350 in the past year, building her. Original SS/RS I have owned since 1984...I wont ever sell. Its promised to my first son who graduates college. Built a wicked stroked 388, every part is brand new even the block and I over built this thing to the bone. Rods, piston, crank, heads, coolant systems designed to endure over 1000hp rating. Probably dyno well over 550hp, with a super t-10 full rebuilt 4spd, Zoom clutch, Hurst super shifter 3 Billet Specialties (18f 20r)..rims Nitto tires, all elect, fuel, coolant systems etc, interior work..etc... Put in too much money and over a thousand hours in the past year probably. Shes been sitting a long time and will be prowling the streets SOON.

:devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 08:43 PM

To this day I regret selling my 67, its one of those things in life you wish you could do over again!

• rebelventurer

Posted October 10, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Okay guys are we all done, if so I am going to pm jickimojo and tell him he won a six pack, maybe he will tell me where he got that bada__ headlight?

• jickimojo

Posted November 30, 2006 - 10:40 AM

Aww Shucks thanks for the compliments.

I have to get some new photos.

I have taken 7 inches out of the titanium Ducati cans and about 7 1/2 inches out of the rear fender!

I also polished the hedders and wrapped the mid sections in white glass wrap.

The headlight is gone it broke I dont know where it came from my buddy had it layin around his shop and donated it. ;( I replaced it with a home made number plate (old Public telephone sign that I found and cut up) The lights are a projector fog lamb mounted on the lower tripple with 2 yellow wheelie lights mounted to the bottom of the frame!

I will try to get some new photos when the snow and cold weather leaves Dallas this weekend.

Also I prefer good ol' Budweiser!!!!

Thanks Again

• R1-xr650-400

Posted December 01, 2006 - 03:41 AM

Looks like a public sidewalk, and the spots, if indeed oil, are in areas that aren't in line with where that bike would drip.

Maybe that's Harley parking? :worthy:

look at that meter cover on the "public sidewalk"...looks like a house to me...but I could be wrong.

those concrete squares don't look like public sidewalks either. :D

• DockingPilot

Posted December 02, 2006 - 04:21 AM

I have so far, removed the smog pump, re-jetted, WB E2 pipe, Uni air filter, Dunlop 606's, 14t counter, Pro Taper Bars, Xr's Only magnetic drain plugs, Xr's Only case saver, chain guide, wide pegs & shark fin. Baja Designs headlamp, new lighter, smaller turn signals, removed the TV set tail light and installed a lens from a XR250R.......Hmmm, did I miss anything ? Anyway the bike pulls like a frieght train and will stand up in 2nd gear now !
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Evilfirbolg

Posted December 02, 2006 - 09:46 AM

Mine at last pic taking...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just the standard mods, that is a cut up stock front fender and a cut up MX fender out back. It is currently on my lift table recieving a UFO twin headlight that I've modified with two 50W Osram MR-16 bulbs, USD forks and triples from a '91 CR250, battery in the airbox mod and a podded FCR41. I bought it new January 06 and have put over 25,000 miles on it.

• roadcam

Posted December 11, 2006 - 12:01 PM

here's my 2001 XR650L, very little still stock ... http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=2341

• xrltim

Posted December 11, 2006 - 07:36 PM

Heres mine. It isn't too tricked out, just exhuast, tires, bars, seat. It's getting a new high compression piston next week and a valve job. Pis isn't too good but it'll do.

http://i12.photobuck...tim/011_15A.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted December 12, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Wow, Im tickled this thread is still getting hits! Dockingpilot, nice ride it seems your a xrs only fan, but why the white bros. exhaust? the xrs only full system is a awesome piece, and would compliment all those stickers.

• DockingPilot

Posted December 13, 2006 - 12:16 PM

Wow, Im tickled this thread is still getting hits! Dockingpilot, nice ride it seems your a xrs only fan, but why the white bros. exhaust? the xrs only full system is a awesome piece, and would compliment all those stickers.

Yea, I know, I know,:thumbsup:
Its just that I got a deal I could not pass up with the E2 so I grabbed it. Its a nice piece too though.

• dedminst

Posted December 27, 2006 - 04:14 PM

Hey MGS781, where did you buy the header/muffler, how much was it, and is it "Q"uiet?

• streakman1

Posted December 28, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Jikimojo,
Love the duel exhaust, black frame etc.. I would still like to see side plates...supermoto or not. Nice bike!!!

• bigmike61

Posted December 30, 2006 - 07:04 PM

Here is my 95'
Posted Image

• rebelventurer

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:04 PM

Nice clean ride bigmike61!

• whodis

Posted January 04, 2007 - 12:09 PM

I'm looking at L's tell me some stories. Lots of good looking bikes

• rebelventurer

Posted January 04, 2007 - 03:41 PM

Lots of info on here about L models, but basically they are bullet proof, unless you run out of oil. They have a few shortcomings, but are far better than most at everything, and there are lots of aftermarket parts for them. Are all the same since 2000 the 07 model will probably be the last year they are made, and you can find good deals on used ones. Just look for bone stock and well maintained, good luck and welcome to TT.

• whodis

Posted January 05, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Lots of info on here about L models, but basically they are bullet proof, unless you run out of oil. They have a few shortcomings, but are far better than most at everything, and there are lots of aftermarket parts for them. Are all the same since 2000 the 07 model will probably be the last year they are made, and you can find good deals on used ones. Just look for bone stock and well maintained, good luck and welcome to TT.

I have looked for a non current models at a few a few dealers. I'll belive it when I see it about the new models. I looked at XR's before I bought my cr in 02.

• rebelventurer

Posted January 06, 2007 - 06:35 AM

And how many top end jobs have you done on the cr? 2 or 4 stroke?
With an xr you just keep on riding, but keep the oil clean!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.