Posted September 28, 2006 - 02:44 PM

Lightly moded '06:

Attached Thumbnails

• left_side2.jpg
  • right_side1.jpg
  • front_left.jpg

• rebelventurer

Posted September 28, 2006 - 03:04 PM

Jaybird710, nice clean ride, lets see if I spotted everything, WB slip on, edelbrock carb, xrs only chain guide, & front brake res cap, scotts or an xrs shark fin, one cool little red mirror, where did you find that? Skid plate, have not seen one like that before. Whats your next mods? Oh how many cr500's does aman need? :thumbsup:

• justicedone

Posted September 28, 2006 - 03:44 PM

Pegs, chain guide, rear lights...

:thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 28, 2006 - 05:21 PM

justicedone, nice, you win the prize! hows that hand and arm? was making sure you all were double checking me! he also has the Maier mx style rear fender!

• jbird710

Posted September 28, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the compliments. As for all of the mods, it's listed in "My Garage". Other than what you've caught, I have an Edelbrock carb, K&N filter, and smog block off also. I'm going to run as is or a while; maybe go with some different tires. Eventually get into some serious engine mods once it get some miles built up. I really want to keep it street-able because it's great around town to dodge traffic problems; but like to jump on some trails behind the neighborhood from time to time.

As for the mirror; it's just a cheap thing I picked up at the local bike shop, sanded down, and spray painted with some Krylon. I think the brand is Emgo - it was 7 or 8 bucks.

As for the 5 hunnys; there's no such thing as too many! :thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 29, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Jbird, 5 hunnys thats a neat name for the cr500, Iguess if you have a roof to put them under, get all you want, till you run out of room! They are pretty cheap I have seen several local for sale. Let us know when you go to mod the motor and how it all works for you. My L has just about 10K miles on it, I plan on doing some mild mods at about 15k. :thumbsup:

• 2000426Rider

Posted September 29, 2006 - 04:02 PM

I'm not sure what you are seeing on the seat- it has an aftermarket gripper seat cover. Rear brake line is too long, I agree. I got it that way. the stainless steel gives the brakes a nice feel, though. Someday I MIGHT get around to painting the frame. I have heard some horror stories in the YZ426 forum about some sand being left in the frame after powder coating and then toasting the motor. So far I have ordered red Xr's only magnetic drain plugs and a 15 tooth front sproket(I ride 60 miles per day on the freeway). This thing rips in traffic. Way better than traffic riding on my Ninja. More relaxed seating position and better visibility. Fun bike for sure :thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 29, 2006 - 04:52 PM

2004426rider, in one of the pictures you can see honda where it is on the stock seat cover, like its shining through, is the stock cover underneath the new cover,? look at your pics, Im not the only one that noticed

• rebelventurer

Posted September 29, 2006 - 04:57 PM

The sand would be from sandblasting the frame prior to the powdercoat process, all crutial openings in frame should be sealed before blasting then thouruoghly cleaned after, then it is ready for powder after masking areas you dont want coating.

• rebelventurer

Posted October 08, 2006 - 09:31 AM

Well if there are no other submissions for this thread? I feel at this time I must award JICKIMOJO the award for most tricked out XR650L, with merits for originality and homebuilt modifications. Congratulations! Everyone agee? Even though I am not into super moto, this bike screams originality and a first class mod job! :devil: :thumbsdn:
Check it out>

Alright Im in!

Not the most modded but modded all the same!

http://www.jacksonsh...650l_motard.jpg
http://www.jacksonsh...dv/000_0478.jpg
http://www.jacksonsh...dv/000_0477.jpg

It might be for sale!!!!

IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK YOUR PARENTS AND A TEACHER!
IF YOU CAN READ THIS IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted October 09, 2006 - 04:52 AM

Well if there are no other submissions for this thread? I feel at this time I must award JICKIMOJO the award for most tricked out XR650L, with merits for originality and homebuilt modifications. Congratulations! Everyone agee? Even though I am not into super moto, this bike screams originality and a first class mod job! :devil: :thumbsdn:
Check it out>

Alright Im in!

Not the most modded but modded all the same!

http://www.jacksonsh...650l_motard.jpg
http://www.jacksonsh...dv/000_0478.jpg
http://www.jacksonsh...dv/000_0477.jpg

It might be for sale!!!!

IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK YOUR PARENTS AND A TEACHER!
IF YOU CAN READ THIS IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER!

Links don't work :thumbsdn:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted October 09, 2006 - 06:16 AM

Links don't work :devil:

They do, on page 4, 3rd post down.

The forum copy/quote messed them up.

Or try these:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• ghoti

Posted October 09, 2006 - 07:13 AM

They do, on page 4, 3rd post down.

The forum copy/quote messed them up.

Or try these:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Doh, I thought rebel was going to share his ride.

• GIANTac1

Posted October 09, 2006 - 08:35 AM

justicedone, nice, you win the prize! hows that hand and arm? was making sure you all were double checking me! he also has the Maier mx style rear fender!

Dont forget about the extra 10hp those aftermarket stickers add! :thumbsdn:
Nice clean ride man! :devil:

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:06 PM

Okay guys, I promise I will share my ride, but its kinda not ready to pose right now, you will just have to check out my garage. You will see my cat Wally the manx dont mind hanging out on the bike, and yes my boat is named Rebel Venture, just like my business, Rebel Ventures Inc.
I still say jickimojo has posted the baddest L pig so far, come on dont you know someone who has a better one?
:devil: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :excuseme: :cry: :cry:
look its a six pack for the baddest L-pig, your choice of brand!!!! from me to you, just post it who knows yours might be badder than jickimojo's

• justicedone

Posted October 09, 2006 - 03:54 PM

Yeah..mine has COOL stickers... I WIN !!! Wheres my Olympia Gold 6 pack Damn It !

Actually I like the SM bikes, but prefer the true dual sports, thats why I sold my 96 CBR900rr to buy the L. So although the Motards are cool bikes, they cant do anything but street, so I would have to dock them at least 30pts there alone. Unless they can fallow me up a wicked, rutted, rocky ass steep mofo of a hill....then I add 50pts if they make it (they wont).

I think the judges are paid, unfair man unfair indeed !

Rebel, I am fine, hand healed up well... I get the stiches yanked out on wednesday, I am ready to ride...but been working a lot on my damn Camaro, trying to get her on the road. :devil:

• michhub

Posted October 09, 2006 - 04:11 PM

ok, true dualsport, by a confirmed 'Modaholic'....my garage has a bunch of details... :thumbsdn:

Pic on my Yahoo Group, RVDS

I just added the PMB rack and a Kenda TrakMaster II to replace my worn
MT-21.... :thumbsdn: :excuseme: :cry:

Gotta work on that front fender though.... :devil:

MikeH

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Michhub I can not see your bike cause I dont yahoo, I tend to yeeha.
Justicedone, glad to hear your healed, now get out there and climb yonder hill. Got a first generation camaro? That was my first car 67 rs 302 4speed, I loved that car, sold it when I joined the marines, Oh, I also uurah. I will have some new pictures soon, and I will share my ride then. I also am not into the motard scene but you have to admit when they do one right it trully is bad ass.I get my kicks chasing my boys on their bikes, mostly around our property, but we do load up and run a loop at Tates Hell occasionally. :devil:
Justicedone get the xrs only header, their case saver, and a few other goodies.
Guys you gotta admit it jickimoto has a bad ride, its no longer the cookie it was cut out to be, Mine wants to be like it but keep its offroad capabilities, hey, I amaze myself at how well the nobbies grip on them twisty roads!
No, the judges are not paid, they will pay you if you submit the baddest L pig, and yes there is a point deduction for no offroad capability, but also point addition for homebuilt exhaust especially dual. and also point addition for originality. Does anyone know where to get that headlight he has, thats the baddest headlight I have seen to date?

• rebelventurer

Posted October 09, 2006 - 05:51 PM

Michhub Dont you love your new triple clamp and fork brace, I love mine! Hows the big gun holding up? I heard they rust out pretty quick. And tell me if the keihen fcr, and mikuni pumper, along with the edelbrock pumper were on a table all the same price which one would you choose? was it hard to get right, did you have to add a fuel pump? Oh, thats a cool sharkfin with flames Yeah, I love flames! :devil:

• Metalwkr

Posted October 09, 2006 - 06:25 PM

Here is my 96 L. I've only had it for about 2 years but I have put 12,000 of my own miles on.

http://i78.photobuck...kr/HPIM0756.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.