okay, lets see the tricked out XR650L models that we have around

103 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted September 23, 2006 - 10:51 PM

1985 I was riding a v65 sabre from 29 palms to vegas, and back, and from 29 palms to dallas and back, semper fidelis. Back to this life though, show me your tricked out or even the ugly as in xr650ldaves case, Xr650l models, I know we have seen a few nice rides but I believe theres a lot more to be seen, show your L pig!!! :thumbsup:

• CTXr650L

Posted September 24, 2006 - 03:18 AM

cool tank graphics rebel :thumbsup:

• ghoti

Posted September 25, 2006 - 04:52 AM

Let's see if this is any better. :thumbsup:
http://i57.photobuck...ploop8_0001.jpg

• LandSharkGT

Posted September 25, 2006 - 05:13 AM

Man somebody needs to lose weight or some serious suspension work is in order! Just kidding! LOL! That looked like it was a harsh hit though!
Bill

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted September 25, 2006 - 09:28 AM

Let's see if this is any better. :lame:
http://i57.photobuck...ploop8_0001.jpg

wow, where'd ya get THAT lowering link? :thumbsup:

• ghoti

Posted September 25, 2006 - 12:04 PM

I thought it might handle the corners better and be more aerodynamic :thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 25, 2006 - 01:30 PM

All right now I asked to see tricked out L models not bottomed out L models! Thanks ghoti, now I know what it looks like when I land flat off them jumps! :thumbsup: :lame: :p :bonk:

• ghoti

Posted September 25, 2006 - 01:42 PM

Touchy, touchy...is this any better?
http://i57.photobuck...june2406074.jpg

• rebelventurer

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Ghoti, Hey I have that same fork brace, is it rsw racing? And is that a clarke tank I have that too, ooh what is that running down the side plate, did it scare you? or is that mud? Is that why your not in the picture, cleaning up?
Just kidding, Hey I'm not touchy, Got one with you doing a knack knack? or a double backflip? :thumbsup: :lame: :p :bonk: :eek: :bonk:
Look another six pack!

• motomonte

Posted September 25, 2006 - 03:15 PM

Do you have a stock suspension or is it revalved etc.?That looked like a nasty hit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:02 AM

That's just some good ol Texas mud there rebel and it is a RSW brace. Suspension is basically stock, I have 10w fork oil about a 1/4" above stock level. The picture is a from a 30fps video, the frame before and after show another couple of inches of travel. I was always taught that the suspension should just bottom on the biggest jump. I don't recall bottoming on this jump, but it sure looks close. I'm sure everyone would be suprised by how much their suspension in compressing during their rides.

• michhub

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:18 AM

Here's mine after last weekend at Slades Park - VA...lots of goodies are a bit covered up :thumbsup:

http://tinyurl.com/rumjd
http://tinyurl.com/mgvvb
http://tinyurl.com/l8utn

MikeH

• jickimojo

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:30 PM

Alright Im in!

Not the most modded but modded all the same!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It might be for sale!!!! :thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 26, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Jickimojo, You my new friend are the WINNER so far anyway! I love your dual exhaust, who's cans are those? Only thing that looks funky is the rear fender looks like its about six inches longer than stock, But different is better!! I love your shop and the homemade exhaust ( said that already well I double love it) Awesome naked tarded pig!!!!
:thumbsup: :lame: :p :bonk: :eek: :bonk:
You win the six pack of your choice!!

• 2000426Rider

Posted September 27, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Just picked this up:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My daily driver 60 miles per day :thumbsup:

• rebelventurer

Posted September 27, 2006 - 09:50 PM

2000426rider, nice, thanks for responding, I hope you take this in a positive way! I do see a couple of flaws, first a blacked out bike needs a black frame, the gold rims add bling but black is better(my opinion), the rear brake hose needs to be routed so it does not hang out so much, the seat cover is the stocker and has been dyed or painted you can still see the honda shining through. Please do not take my evaluation too harshly its a very nice bike and I am sure a lot of fun, point is a bike is never done and when one is changed from stock it becomes more of an extension of the person that rides it, personality, style, etc... I do like the skins on the forks way better than stock, and better than bare naked. get you some black one inch exhuast wrap and wrap that header. Its a big undertaking but would a black powdercoated frame complete it somewhat?
:thumbsup: :lame:

• XR_mad

Posted September 28, 2006 - 12:10 AM

We can do what R riders do it may take us a little longer to get there but we dont have to add an alternator and turn signals to do it, hey theres nothing wrong with running an air cooled bike, we dont have to check the coolant if overheats, just a glance at the oil temp and you know whats up. SO lets see them thar L models that everyone talks so bad about, I ride one and proud of it have a great time on it. Mine is in the garage I got to get a new picture cause I am improving it weekly. SO LETS SEE YOURS? :eek: :thumbsup: :lame: :p :bonk: :bonk:

well what powers the front light on the 650r? why that would be the stator, and in aus my 650 came plated so :mad: but im not dissing the L though it is a bullet proof reliable bike

• Huffa 2

Posted September 28, 2006 - 01:31 AM

first a blacked out bike needs a black frame, the gold rims add bling but black is better(my opinion), the rear brake hose needs to be routed so it does not hang out so much, the seat cover is the stocker and has been dyed or painted you can still see the honda shining through.
:thumbsup: :lame:

I'll agree on the frame and hose but I like wheels (gold and black look :bonk: awsome ) that are set apart (distinguishable) from the tires. Black on black just never appealed to me.

It's a perfect Darth Vader type of bike. Can I borrow that in October for our Halloween parade? I have to get a DV costume to go with it though. :eek:
........... NICE BIKE !!! :p

The "Honda" on seat, MAN I really had to look hard but I think I see it. I at 1st thought it was a glare but think your right.

• rebelventurer

Posted September 28, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Huffa 2, check out Jickimotos ride that thing is awesome, homebrewed and blacked out right, Do not know what headlight he has but I bet it lights up the night pretty good, got to have one of those. I appreciate your agreement in your last post, I just like every thing black, even the spokes, forks, shock, swingarm,... The stealth outlaw look with a loud pipe so they know when I drop the bomb!!! LOL. George Lucas is rich enough and I always liked captain Kirk better!!! :thumbsup: :lame: :p

• rebelventurer

Posted September 28, 2006 - 01:23 PM

well what powers the front light on the 650r? why that would be the stator, and in aus my 650 came plated so but im not dissing the L though it is a bullet proof reliable bike

'03 XR650R full Staintune system, uncorked and many more mods to come

Yes but to get more than 3 candles in the wind you have to replace that, and where did you mount your license plate, dont yall have them big giant ones down under? I am not dissing the R its a badass bike nodoubt about it, Air cooled bikes are a dying breed for offroad. This thread is intended to give all who view ideas on what can be done with these bikes with some money, imagination, and well spent tinkering in the garage. :thumbsup: :lame:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.