Kicks starts great, electric????

2 replies to this topic
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted September 19, 2006 - 12:19 PM

When starting my 04 wr450 it rolls over quickly with the electric starter but doesn't want to start when cold. So I hit the electric button for a few seconds then give her a swift kick and she fires to life. When warm the electric start brings her to life immediately. Anybody else have this issue? Fortunately being an 04 it kicks really easy and isn't really an issue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted September 19, 2006 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like your '04 suffers from the same malady mine does...

Old battery.

Mine is OEM & has been kinda sketchy for a year or so, but then I don't have a battery tender or anything like that. It's too easy to kick over for me to bother with, & when it's warm it will usually fire up on the button if it's stalled or shut off. :thumbsup:

• 150 Fuelie

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:20 PM

You are probably right. Plus the fact that the guy I bought the bike from never rode it enough to keep it charged nor kept any type of battery tender on it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.