xr650l smog block off

14 replies to this topic
  • dblover4ever86

Posted September 19, 2006 - 11:52 AM

Does anyone know how to block off the emissions on a 650l without ordering a kit from baja designs or is that the easiest way

• frankiewhipit

Posted September 19, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Unbolt the emissions crap & make a pair of block off plates, but it's probably easier to just order the kit. time/money :thumbsup:

• pigryder

Posted September 19, 2006 - 03:39 PM

I just cut off the lines where they connect to the head and welded the holes shut and bolted the blocks back on

• justicedone

Posted September 19, 2006 - 06:53 PM

I bought the kit, and would say..do the same. Its much easier. And really cheap.
Sometimes they are on Ebay as well....check

• lrutt

Posted September 20, 2006 - 06:43 AM

I made some blockoff plates with some 1/8 al I had laying around. Very easy, very effective. no big deal.

• motomonte

Posted September 20, 2006 - 05:11 PM

I know this may sound crazy or as you guys say " the red neck aproach" but you can use a pair of coins (5cts.) just file two flats until it fits between the bolts and add a dab of sealant.I did this to my bike and it held up without leaking for a couple of days while I machined some plates.Keep in mind that you can use the stock bolts since they are flanged wich helps in tightening.I did this not because I'm cheap but rather ask myself WHAT IF..?

• bvw

Posted September 21, 2006 - 04:18 PM

I just ordered the kit for my "95 through thumpertalk... $ 30 with shipping....... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • silverado94

Posted September 22, 2006 - 12:50 PM

Dude when is it going to get here? I cant wait to see the PIG loose all of that extra crap :thumbsup:

Maby you will gain enough power to keep up with the DRZ. :p Just kidding :lame:

• KERNERSVILLE28

Posted May 12, 2008 - 04:41 AM

help please do all xr's come with the emission thing, can the all be removed? does it hurt it at all?

• KERNERSVILLE28

Posted May 12, 2008 - 04:44 AM

do all xr650l have these systems, does it rum better to remove them?

• chakaxr650l

Posted May 12, 2008 - 05:51 AM

I didn't notice a power difference, but the bike looks better without it.

• Denn10

Posted May 12, 2008 - 05:57 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=643704

links to smog removal with pics!

• jeanluconze

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:54 AM

do all xr650l have these systems, does it rum better to remove them?

Kern, you sound like Sol Rosenberg, so worried. Don't stress about it. :rolleyes:

Removing smog junk will not hurt anything on your bike. It is purely for aesthetics and comfort. Oh, and reducing your pollutants if you care about those things. (I don't care about that stuff because 1 out of every 20 cars on I-15 every morning has Baja California plates which drive our roads with no smog equipment, no smogging, no smog abatement fees, no registration fees, no reflective license plate fees, no nothing. So I'll spit out some extra crud until CARB decides to enact their policies on an even keel. And I'm an environmental geologist!:thumbsup: )

• martinfan30

Posted May 12, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Kern, you sound like Sol Rosenberg, so worried. Don't stress about it. :rolleyes:

Removing smog junk will not hurt anything on your bike. It is purely for aesthetics and comfort. Oh, and reducing your pollutants if you care about those things. (I don't care about that stuff because 1 out of every 20 cars on I-15 every morning has Baja California plates which drive our roads with no smog equipment, no smogging, no smog abatement fees, no registration fees, no reflective license plate fees, no nothing. So I'll spit out some extra crud until CARB decides to enact their policies on an even keel. And I'm an environmental geologist!:thumbsup: )

Classic! A Jerky boys refernce!:rolleyes:

Its kinda silly anyway, all it does is add fresh air to the exhaust. Its just dilluting the overall volume.

Its not going to hurt anything. Plus it looks better after.

• Denn10

Posted May 12, 2008 - 09:48 AM

Classic! A Jerky boys refernce!:thumbsup:.

LMAO just thining about it and remembering the drunk times rolling on the floor to them!!

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.