WR426 rebore kits

5 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted September 18, 2006 - 10:00 PM

It's been about 2 years since I've ridden my bike due to near back to back deployments. I will be home soon and I want to rebuild my engine on my 01Wr426F. Is there a resleeve & piston kit out there for this bike that will increase the bore size so I can increase the cc? I don't want to stroke it cuz of the cost and I love the way it revs now.

Thanks,
Dan

• clark4131

Posted September 18, 2006 - 10:23 PM

How about this?...SC

• Birdy426

Posted September 18, 2006 - 11:37 PM

Luke's Racing makes a great kit as well...http://www.lukesraci...uksr/yz426f.htm Have one on my WR, and LOVE IT!!!!

Keep your head down and come back safe!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted September 19, 2006 - 06:00 PM

Sweetness.

The LukesRacing seems to be the way to go. Much cheaper.

Thank you,
Dan

• clark4131

Posted September 19, 2006 - 06:38 PM

Get the 12.5:1 kit or you're gonna need to run race gas $$$...SC

• jonova

Posted September 20, 2006 - 08:01 AM

Dan_Lawrence - You will love the extra cc's, it makes the 426 rev even better. I put a 97mm piston in mine along with the hot cams and some head porting and the thing just rips. It even starts 1st kick still. :thumbsup:

The jetting was a bit confusing for me though. I thought that a bigger motor needs more fuel..... wrong! I went smaller on all my jets, why you ask. The motor is a better pump with the larger bore so it pulls the fuel harder/faster through the carb. Weird I know but spark plugs don't usually lie. I went to a 42 pilot and 162 main. Good luck and come home safe. Thanks for protecting!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.