Show me your XR650R dualsports

31 replies to this topic
  • jws

Posted September 22, 2006 - 06:18 PM

jws,
Where did you get that mirror, and who made it? I have an acerbis, and it moves around so much and the stalk is so small it is worthless.

Get the Ken Sean folding mirrors from the TT Store. They are about $13 each and are reversable for either left or right hand. :thumbsup:

• vaughn

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:01 PM

[quote name='2000 xr650r']00 650r with baja designs. uncorked. Just mounted some Maxxis M6006 50/50 tires. They seem to be good on road and not bad off road either. Not sure about wear yet.

What size (front/rear) Maxxis M6006 did you get? I want to get a set but the sizes available don't match stock.

-V-

• BWB63

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Max Power

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I love girlz..... :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• gaspipe

Posted September 24, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

• glabudde

Posted September 24, 2006 - 05:01 PM

Uncork is a must for easy starting and preventing overheating. About $50 worth of parts (provided you drill stock exhaust). I didn't notice a lot more power, but it starts in 1-2 kicks and doesn't overheat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2000 xr650r

Posted September 24, 2006 - 07:07 PM

What size (front/rear) Maxxis M6006 did you get? I want to get a set but the sizes available don't match stock.

-V-[/QUOTE]

Hi they didnt match the stock size but fit fine. They are a rounded tire so they look very small on the bike. I got the 90/90-21 front and 120/80-18 Rear. I would highly recomend going with the 130/80-18 rear however i wish i did. They are cheap. $108 shipped form www.denniskirk.com but if you go with the 10mm wider rear, you will add $14. Worth it!! Glad to help. BTW since you will have slightly diffrent tires, get new tubes that match the new tires.

• MindBlower

Posted September 24, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Uncork is a must for easy starting and preventing overheating. About $50 worth of parts (provided you drill stock exhaust). I didn't notice a lot more power, but it starts in 1-2 kicks and doesn't overheat.

My uncorked starts first kick almost every time.

• Ferdinand

Posted September 24, 2006 - 09:19 PM

-V-[/QUOTE]

I got the 90/90-21 front and 120/80-18 Rear. I would highly recomend going with the 130/80-18 rear however i wish i did..[/QUOTE]

Just curious, how come you don't like the 120/80 rear?

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 25, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I got the 90/90-21 front and 120/80-18 Rear. I would highly recomend going with the 130/80-18 rear however i wish i did. They are cheap. $108 shipped form www.denniskirk.com but if you go with the 10mm wider rear, you will add $14. Worth it!!

Cool! When you get them on the bike can you post some pics of the tread design (the Maxxis web shots aren't very good). Also, a ride report (on- and off-road) would be appreciated.

Ride safe.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Overall i love the maxxis M6006. The reason i wish i went to a 130 rear is because the tire is so rounded for the street. It cuts a narrow rut everywhere in the dirt. A little extra width would help traction slightly. It seems to hook up on the street very well. with my old dirt tire, i could break loose the rear on pavement and now i just wheelie even if i dump the clutch. Its also corners on pavement good. Off road i can say its not to bad yet not great Its fair. It spins but what tire on a BRP doesnot. A good description is a longer lasting, streetable,and off-road capable tire. Bassically its a jack of all trades. I can get pics later, day or two and i only got 100 miles on them.

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:04 AM

Hey, thanks for the ride report on the Maxxis! Can you compare them to other DS tires?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I am in the market for a set of ds tires for the brp. Got a set of Bridgestone TW39/40's for the wife's 230F, last month. Seem to be nice 80/20 tires and she likes their street manners. But they only come in a 19" front.

Like you said re the "brp spinning any tire in the dirt", it spins many tires on the street too, especially in turns. Been also looking at the Conti Escape and Metzeler Sahara, but Holy Hanna, those are pricey tires.

You may have found a very happy compromise. Can't beat the price, that's for sure!

Are you pretty confident the 130/80 would clear the brp's swing arm?

Ride safe.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.