how many uk riders have cut the gray wire

6 replies to this topic
  • cliper

Posted September 18, 2006 - 11:13 AM

and did it do any thing just curious :thumbsup:

• shifty450

Posted September 18, 2006 - 12:51 PM

I am in the states, but what is that girl in your avatar doing!?

• ferguscawley

Posted September 18, 2006 - 01:42 PM

I'm in Ireland and have a UK spec 06 450. I cut the grey wire. Made the bike much more alive and responsive in midrange and top end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted September 18, 2006 - 03:43 PM

Cut the Grey wire & you'll cut the grey weather, :thumbsup: it advances the ignition timing to that of the YZ, do the other mods to get full benifit.

• Beejay

Posted September 18, 2006 - 03:44 PM

I am in the states, but what is that girl in your avatar doing!?

She's riding a KTM with race suspension, what possibly else?

• MerlinUK

Posted September 19, 2006 - 12:38 PM

I've an 03 WR450F, if someone can enlighten me as to were it is on the 03, i'll cut mine this weekend :thumbsup:

Am I right in thinking its under the tank somewere? Look for a 6-plug block right?

• kskyles

Posted September 19, 2006 - 02:19 PM

Check out, they've got a good tutorial. It's a page for the WR250F, but almost everything is identical for the 450.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.