Throttle Cable Question...

2 replies to this topic
  • creeker

Posted September 18, 2006 - 06:34 AM

My throttle cable has freys on it and it sticking when I open the throttle. I checked at the local Yamaha shop and they say 2-3 days to get a new one in. Anyone have any ideas how to remove the freys in the cable so I can still ride until the new cable arrives?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted September 19, 2006 - 09:09 AM

You'll never clean it up, just install the new one. Don't take that chance with an old cable, stuck WOT is no fun. :thumbsup:

• GCannon

Posted September 19, 2006 - 10:30 AM

Motion Pro makes a good set of cables and you will save money. Try local shops or order from TT store or Rocky Mountain. probably same wait time.
You can trim the wires by unraveling them trim with good cutters then rewind them back in you will need to be very car full when installing the cable set if you bend them too tight they blossom like flowers and you start over. The first strand that get loose balls up and you get a stuck throttle (don't ask me how I know)

I think DonSJMC calls this "Welfare Racing"

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.