unabiker rad guard

10 replies to this topic
  • jcorni

Posted September 18, 2006 - 05:20 AM

I just installed a unabiker rad guard on my o6 wr 450,my question is that it sure seems their is less protection from small rocks and mud sticking to the guard. Has any one had problems?thanks :thumbsup:

• 1BLUEsky

Posted September 18, 2006 - 01:33 PM

I havent' run them through any severe mud yet, but your concern is common to almost all the guards that go in front of the radiator. I read in a magazine about racers stretching womens stockings/nylons in this area as the thick stuff will shake off ,but they remain breathable.This is extreme unless you literally plan on getting you and your bike just caked up with 50 lbs of mud. Two weeks ago I crashed very hard into a pair of small trees on the edge of the trail .My Unabikers were so tough that the radiator and the guards bent only slightly then tore the 8mm bolts right from the frame. I was able to push the radiator back into position and ride back to the truck with only a small leak. If you cant tell ,I highly recommend the superior protection over the minimal chance they'll plug up under most conditions.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2006 - 08:53 PM

i agree i think the 95 bucks for the guards is better then 600 for a new rad. the chances of a small rock hitting the rad with the guard is the same as with the cheap plastic "cool" looking thing that comes stock. run the guards they are worth every pinny

• byggd

Posted September 19, 2006 - 04:04 AM

Another thing I noticed is the unabikers seem to act as a heat sink. It could be all in my head but my bike seems to run cooler after I installed them :thumbsup:

• maydog

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:04 PM

Just got My new radiator guards for unabiker and they fit like a glove, On my
06 Wr450. I heard different stories on all the different guards but had no problems. Thanks to all who post there stories.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chuck_Nelson

Posted December 14, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I trashed my left radiator a couple of weeks back and sent it to Mylers for reapir last weekend. I bought the Unabikers as soon as I saw the damage. I found a place that has a single radiator for $250. Hopefully Mylers is much cheaper than that!

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted December 14, 2006 - 09:21 PM

Are radiator braces different than radiator gaurds? I would like to get the works connection braces, are they good or is thier better stuff out their?

• I heart my 426

Posted December 14, 2006 - 10:15 PM

Are radiator braces different than radiator gaurds? I would like to get the works connection braces, are they good or is thier better stuff out their?

The Works Connection braces are only for side impacts (I have them). Radiator guards usually are just protection from flying rocks etc. Braces and guards can usually be combined for the best all round protection.

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted December 14, 2006 - 10:35 PM

Ok then I can hold off on radiator gaurds for a while, as I don't race and usually am the leader when riding in a group. I would consider the unibiker ones after the braces.

• Chuck_Nelson

Posted December 15, 2006 - 07:42 PM

The unabikers seem to have both a guard and brace capability...

• JRAMBO

Posted December 15, 2006 - 07:49 PM

Has anybody tried the new Moose racing ones it says its a cage for your radiators I just ordered fluidyne radiators for my WR can't wait to put those on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.