Scotts Steering Stabilizer On an XR650L

3 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted September 18, 2006 - 04:49 AM

Anyone running one on their L? Looks like the speedo cluster would interfere. Are you running the underbar mount or what?

Any pictures would be great!

Looking at getting an L and one of the dealer mentioned i could put a few "extras" into the financing! :thumbsup:

Thanks

• CTXr650L

Posted September 18, 2006 - 04:33 PM

Ive got one on my 2006 xr650L, install was pretty easy with no big suprises. there was a thing in the instructions about grinding down a weld on the frame so the bracket would fit correctly, but i just ground a little off the bracket instead. works fine :thumbsup: as far as the speedo, there were no clearance issues at all. the only thing is getting to the ignition switch is a little harder now, but why shut the bike off? just keep riding :lame: the stabilizer makes the bike absolutely great to ride, highway speeds 75mph are comfy and trails are even easier...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boston Mangler

Posted September 18, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Ive got one on my 2006 xr650L, install was pretty easy with no big suprises. there was a thing in the instructions about grinding down a weld on the frame so the bracket would fit correctly, but i just ground a little off the bracket instead. works fine :thumbsup: as far as the speedo, there were no clearance issues at all. the only thing is getting to the ignition switch is a little harder now, but why shut the bike off? just keep riding :lame: the stabilizer makes the bike absolutely great to ride, highway speeds 75mph are comfy and trails are even easier...

Great info! Thanks. Which one did you get exactly? There seems to be quite a bit of options now.

Care to post up a pic or 2?

Thanks a bunch

• CTXr650L

Posted September 18, 2006 - 05:57 PM

sorry havent taken any pics yet (yup im lazy :thumbsup:) but i just got the bolt on one for the xr650L, i wouldve gone for the whole tripple clamp version but i didnt see it listed for that bike. they make a big knob setup for it that may be worth ordering while youre at it (its cheap) would make on the fly adjustments alot easier.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.