colored spokes anyone seen any?

3 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted September 17, 2006 - 04:52 PM

I am in the process of blacking out my L model, am looking at black rims and hubs would like to have black spokes too, thought about powder coating but the durability worries me. Have seen some green ones on atricked out Kawasaki, but have no idea where to look, any one have any ideas?

• Huffa 2

Posted September 17, 2006 - 05:18 PM

Here's a place that does them ..........

http://www.custompow...motorcycle.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted September 17, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Thanks Huffa, I have a local powder coater, Tallahassee powdercoating, They have done a frame and skidplate for me, I just dont know how it would hold up, plus I would worry about it peeling from the threaded end, Thought since I wanted black there would hopefully be other options, to turn stainless a black color, you know how a stainless header blues, something similar and more durable,(than powder coat) I was hoping someone knew of some sort of heat treatment process that would turn them black. Ideas and links appreciated.

• rebelventurer

Posted September 17, 2006 - 06:10 PM

What about black nickel plating, thats the closest I can think of, who? where?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.