Anyone use Mystic oil?

10 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted September 17, 2006 - 01:10 PM

Just seeing if anyone uses Mystic oil... I'm trying some 15W-40 HD stuff in the 426 right now.

J

• stillsun

Posted September 25, 2006 - 01:37 PM

No one?

• Vibeguy

Posted September 26, 2006 - 11:23 AM

Never heard of it :thumbsup:

• yammerhammer98

Posted September 26, 2006 - 04:02 PM

Never used the stuff myself, but Mystic Mystery Oil seems to be very popular amongst private airplane pilots and mechanics. If it works under those extreme conditions, that is a pretty good endorsement.

• Vibeguy

Posted September 26, 2006 - 04:58 PM

Never used the stuff myself, but Mystic Mystery Oil seems to be very popular amongst private airplane pilots and mechanics. If it works under those extreme conditions, that is a pretty good endorsement.

That would be Marvel Mystery oil and I'd never put it in my plane! It's popular with the diesel crowd as a fuel additive to help lube the pump and injectors.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:04 PM

never heard of it either. im an amsoil guy

• FFRacing79

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I have used it as an additive for my race fuel...just a few ounces per 5 gallons. Some of the "exotic" fuels are rather "dry"...I use it mostly for valve train lube, as it seems to prolong valve stem and seat wear. JMO
Also makes for a great air tool lube! Tdub

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:51 PM

But...Marvel Mystery oil isn't available in 15W-40 HD, so he's talking about something else....and I never heard of it, either.

• mxracer206

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Just seeing if anyone uses Mystic oil... I'm trying some 15W-40 HD stuff in the 426 right now.

J

Mystic brand of oils are mainley automotive products, I have seen them used quite a bit and they are very good. The 15W-40 HD is a diesel oil along the lines of the Rotella-T that some people use in their 4-strokes. Can't say if it has the same additives, or lack of additives, that make the Rotella ok to use but it is a good oil.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:06 PM

This is mounting up to be one of those long oil threads... :thumbsup: I would personally stick with what the manual calls for and change the oil on the recommened interval...

• 642MX

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:12 PM

This is mounting up to be one of those long oil threads... :thumbsup: I would personally stick with what the manual calls for and change the oil on the recommened interval...

Its starting to get good Ralph, make some popcorn and enjoy. :lame:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.