Repair Manual

6 replies to this topic
  • H20Pumper

Posted December 04, 2001 - 04:57 AM

I checked the search page and didn't seem to find the answer to. Who makes the best repair manual, or which seems to have the best info on maintanance and repair??

• xrracer36

Posted December 04, 2001 - 05:19 AM

CLYMER, hands down. you can get one at your local dealer for about $25 or out of a catalog (i.e. dennis kirk/ chaparral)
hope this eases your repair woes. :)

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted December 04, 2001 - 07:22 AM

Spend the money and get one from Yamaha. No other manual will be as complete.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted December 04, 2001 - 07:37 AM

I agree. Get the Yamaha manual. Clymer (or Haynes) are way too vague in key areas compared to the factory manual.

• neWRiver

Posted December 04, 2001 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, I think Yamaha is light years ahead of others (like Honda) on the "Owner's Manual". It is basically a model specific repair manual and is very detailed and accurate with respect to diagrams, specs, etc. My brother's XR came with a cheesy "pamphlet" like the ones you get with a new car. You know, the ones you briefly thumb through to figure out how to turn on the radio and then abandon in your glove box for the rest of eternity.

Posted December 04, 2001 - 08:42 AM

Yamaha Manual ...No Doubt...I've Got both...Yamaha hands down. :)

Bonzai :D

• Guy

Posted December 04, 2001 - 10:58 PM

:) Yep gotta agrre with Kaze and everyone else, I've made a point of buying the Genuine manual for every bike I've owned and the depth and accuracy of information is well worth the extra cost.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.