Big bore/cams, frame/plastic change finally done...

8 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted September 17, 2006 - 11:16 AM

Didn't get a chance to actually take her out to ride since it decided to pour down rain today... but here's some pictures I took last night, they aren't the greatest since it was getting dark. Now I just need to order some graphics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• flintlock28

Posted September 17, 2006 - 11:58 AM

Looks like Darth Vader would ride it....

Actually I like it.....it looks mean and ready for Business.

• stillsun

Posted September 17, 2006 - 01:09 PM

:thumbsup: That works for me... Now I just have to see if XGX can make their Yamaha template graphics with the KTM color schemes.

J

• stillsun

Posted October 02, 2006 - 03:26 PM

OKay, finally got some clearer more lit up pictures.... also found a guy selling the Orange Crush front fork guards (what luck?) and those are now on the way to add a little more orange.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(And yes I know my right hand guard is pushed down to far, I'll be fixing that this weekend, I just need to figure out something with the brake line, that is what is in the way right now.)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TL426

Posted October 02, 2006 - 05:31 PM

wow your bike looks badass... i wasnt sure how good black plastic would look, but all doubts are removed. only problem is itll be a bitch to keep clean.

• stillsun

Posted October 02, 2006 - 06:59 PM

Yeah it is kinda of annoying in the sense that you can see streaks if you don't get it really clean which looks nasty, but I think I've got that down. With Oklahoma red dirt (mud if wet :thumbsup:) white plastics can become stained rather quickly and white was my other choice... but when I came across the limited edition Orange Crush acerbis plastic side panels I knew which way I was headed.

Some call me a closet KTM fan.... I wouldn't go that far. :lame:

J

• 02YZ426

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Looks pretty badass! Thats definitely a very interesting rear sprocket you have on there.... where did you find that?

• stillsun

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Looks pretty badass! Thats definitely a very interesting rear sprocket you have on there.... where did you find that?

It's one of the Sunstar Z-sprockets that are lighter than a normal steel sprocket but (according to them) just as strong, every other tooth is half the normal width and they alternate back and forth. It isn't as light as the aluminum sprockets I've used, but there's no doubt that it will probably hold up a lot longer. Plus it looks cool with the rest of the theme of the bike on top of that.

Josh

• Nitroused383

Posted October 02, 2006 - 08:06 PM

It's one of the Sunstar Z-sprockets that are lighter than a normal steel sprocket but (according to them) just as strong, every other tooth is half the normal width and they alternate back and forth. It isn't as light as the aluminum sprockets I've used, but there's no doubt that it will probably hold up a lot longer. Plus it looks cool with the rest of the theme of the bike on top of that.

Josh

I've got one of those sprockets too, it seems to be holding up great. I have it pretty hard in the sand and all other conditions and it isn't wearing yet! The only thing that has wore off is the black coating.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.