XR600R CS sprocket problem...

3 replies to this topic
  • DeLorean623

Posted September 17, 2006 - 05:26 AM

I just changed the gearing around on my bike (1995 XR600R) from 14/48 to 15/45. With the 15 in the front, the cover that goes over the cs sprocket (I have no idea at all what that part is called) interferes with the chain, preventing it from moving at all. Everything is perfect if I take that part off, but I'd rather not, just in case the bike decides to throw the chain (I don't how what the chance is of that happening, but I'd rather not take the risk).

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

• big t

Posted September 17, 2006 - 11:09 AM

I have seen the case savers in different sizes for some bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gnfreak

Posted September 17, 2006 - 02:05 PM

i'll try to post a pic of my 98 with the XROnly 15T casesaver installed. right now i have the 14 T back on, but it works great with the 15T
Posted Image

• LotsOfBikes

Posted September 17, 2006 - 03:15 PM

You are better off to have a guide there, though many people have had no problems with it removed.

The picture that gnfreak posted here looks pretty sick!! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.