my a$$ is killing me

21 replies to this topic
  • TheSacrament588

Posted September 17, 2006 - 12:29 AM

just got back from a full day of rideing and my ass is killing me i have a 06 wr450 and that seat is just way 2 hard do any of u guys know of a complete seat that is softer than the stock 1? and i dont want 2 hear all u guys sayin u shouldent be sitting down when u ride i just want 2 know if there is a softer seat out there thanks

• gregwr450f

Posted September 17, 2006 - 02:18 AM

Yes there is.

• pops 56

Posted September 17, 2006 - 06:25 AM

I think you can find soft seats for the wr in the tt store. Or search here lots of post.

• yamaha rider08

Posted September 17, 2006 - 06:49 AM

if i were you i would look at one industries, or apex or ceet, theirs a few others that i have forgot.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 17, 2006 - 07:56 AM

I have a question... how much are you sitting. Unless you've got one of those ttr's with the big seats, then all of the race bikes , wr included, have very little padding for your a$$.

Why not stand up more. I know I need to stand up to steer my 450. I am usually moving all over the place to get the correct body english and sitting down only on smooth straights or when taking sharp turns.

• Summit

Posted September 17, 2006 - 09:02 AM

I just fixed my seat with the Guts Racing tall soft foam and black gripper seat cover. Works awesome, looks good too.

• cliper

Posted September 17, 2006 - 10:34 AM

i know how you feel it cuts you in half when you sit down budget seat

• cliper

Posted September 17, 2006 - 10:35 AM

i stand all the time because of it

• TheSacrament588

Posted September 17, 2006 - 10:53 AM

i checked out that gutsracing but i'm not sure about there site first it i could not find anything about wr seats and 2nd i'm not that tall 5 11 so i dont know about a tall seat are they just called tall seats or are they made for tall people?

• waynus

Posted September 17, 2006 - 11:25 AM

Know what you mean about the seat. I,m going to find myself some sheepskin undies :thumbsup: :lame:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted September 17, 2006 - 06:51 PM

I replaced my WR seat with a 2X4.

• 68shark

Posted September 18, 2006 - 08:49 PM

I used to ride a street bicycle about 60 lbs ago and we used biking shorts with the leather shammy in them. Its a tighter squeeze these days, but I wear those when I ride the dirt bike. It helps quite a bit.

Jeff

• jbrooks26

Posted September 18, 2006 - 10:39 PM

Guts Racing, go to their website, find their phone number and give them a call. Excellent service and they will get you exactly what you need. I have one on my 02wr426, and have not had the sore a$$ for a long time now. I went with the stock height soft seat, I am 5'7" tall and run about 190 lbs. Great product.

Josh

• MountainMax

Posted September 19, 2006 - 07:34 AM

I bought Guts Racing tall soft seat foam and cover, love it, no sore @ss since.....

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:34 AM

Guts racing has what your ass needs...... :thumbsup:

• specialk6r

Posted September 19, 2006 - 12:46 PM

I've got the Guts soft/tall seat, and it does save the behind. It also makes the already tall WR even taller. I'm 6'1'' and have quickly goten used to it. At 5'11'' I'm sure it will be fine, just don't ever ride your buddies EXC200 or your bike will feel like a Clydsedale.

• griffithds

Posted September 19, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I solved that problem with a pair of MSR padded riding shorts. Made of very thin expandable nylon material with 1/8" padding in the hips and crotch. :thumbsup: :lame:

• Few

Posted September 19, 2006 - 06:45 PM

I used to ride a street bicycle about 60 lbs ago and we used biking shorts with the leather shammy in them. Its a tighter squeeze these days, but I wear those when I ride the dirt bike. It helps quite a bit.

Jeff

The bike shorts now have Gel in them, about $50 at the peddle bike store.

• farkawi

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:11 PM

Yup, a good pair of 8 panel bike shorts with padded posterior and you will get used to it. The WR rewards a stand-up riding style in the rough stuff though.

• boer

Posted September 19, 2006 - 08:15 PM

I bought Guts Racing tall soft seat foam and cover, love it, no sore @ss since.....

Hey Max, did you get the seat cover off TT store?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.