why does this happen to my 426

5 replies to this topic
  • supermanttr225

Posted September 16, 2006 - 10:56 PM

why does my 426 drip oil from the black hose from the head it drips a lot it drips a lot when i stop maybe a size of a fifty cent its a 01 it dose this all the time an hr of riding or 10 Min's it is killing me in adding oil all the time thanks for your help in advance :thumbsup:

• Goosedog

Posted September 17, 2006 - 05:24 AM

That's an overflow. It might be that you've got too much oil in there to begin with and it'll keep doing that as you add more each time.

• GONE1445

Posted September 17, 2006 - 01:20 PM

yes mine did the same thing untill I found out you gotta start your bike before checking your oil

so start it and check it and it will probably be good and you are probably just dumping too much oil in

it is common to see a little there and by what you have said you are fine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • supermanttr225

Posted September 20, 2006 - 04:53 PM

do i hAVE to keep it running when checking or just run it and kill it then check it

• pdk068

Posted September 27, 2006 - 02:43 PM

no, the manual states you start the bike upright for 2-3minutes low revs stop it then check the oil level. do not screw the dip stick in all the way just sit it on top. I was like you when I bought my 01 426 lukily I have a manual otherwise I would have overfilled it to buggery. good luck

• kid on a 426

Posted September 27, 2006 - 06:44 PM

Dude oil coming out doesnt mean you overfilled it. It just means your cams are spinning really fast and the mist the comes off of them slowly works it's way down the breather hose. Also you dont have to add any oil to confiscate for it, it just looks like a lot because dust sticks to oil.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.