Bigger Front Sprocket

5 replies to this topic
  • jcorni

Posted September 16, 2006 - 10:22 AM

I am putting on a 15 tooth front sprocket on a 06 WR 450, and the case save will not go on it hits the chain .Does someone have advice on the proper way to install. thanks :thumbsup:

• Alley Cat

Posted September 16, 2006 - 11:19 AM

15 tooth fits on my bike with the stock case saver.
You might have to take a bit of material off the case saver to fit it, but I never had to.

Try installing the sprocket first then the chain with the case saver in place.

• steve lemley

Posted September 16, 2006 - 07:16 PM

You have to slide the gear in at an angle twords the center of the chain guide then push it on to the tranny side gear. There should be a groove in the middle of your chain slider forthis to happen, if not buy a better one or take it off and knotch it with a grinder...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcorni

Posted September 17, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Hey guy,s,I got it, thanks for the help.I think I was a little tired at the time I was installing,came out the next morning and it went wright on. :thumbsup:

• Beejay

Posted September 18, 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hey guy,s,I got it, thanks for the help.I think I was a little tired at the time I was installing,came out the next morning and it went wright on. :thumbsup:

Hehe, a clear mind can do wonders :lame:

• uncleroby

Posted September 19, 2006 - 01:24 AM

I have mounted the 15 and the bike goes much better!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.