Replaced Handlebars

2 replies to this topic
  • tpsman

Posted September 15, 2006 - 10:46 PM

I got around to replacing the stock bars on my 650R. I did quite a bit of research, and found lots of people asking questions, but not necessarily all of the answers I was looking for... So, hopefully someone else can benefit from my experience! Here is my new set up.

Renthal Jimmy Button Bars
Posted Image

Dirtbike Pro Risers (Move the bars up and forward about an inch each direction)
http://www.dirtbikep...uct/630-5498219
Posted Image
Posted Image

Motion Pro Cables, each cable 3" longer than stock ($27 per cable plus shipping) Cable length appears to be just right. No binding in either direction, and the cables are still routed like the factory specs.
Posted Image

Scott Grips

I haven't gotten to ride it yet, but I really liked the new feel sitting on it in the garage...

Stock
Posted Image

New and improved
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted September 16, 2006 - 07:15 AM

tpsman, Welcome to TT..A lot of great guys here..And plenty of info and a store to shop at too.....Check out the Garage......

Your bike Looks great...Enjoy that ride...... :thumbsup:

• justicedone

Posted September 16, 2006 - 07:32 AM

Wow, that looks close to 3" higher overall than stock. I hope it fits you well and I am sure it will feel a lot better. I ride an L, but love the Pro-Taper upgrade I did on mine it was probably at least 2" higher than stock and feels perfect.

Welcome to Thumper

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.