2006 YZ Fork Help

7 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted September 15, 2006 - 07:23 PM

I need some big help in finding a part, it's the same in all '06 big YZ's 125-450F

1C3-2316A-N0-00 .VALVE COMP.

I had a shop do some work for me a couple of months ago and they funked up the part....the plastic pressure spring holder which is part of item number 12 http://parts.yamaha-...ifx?d=84063,2,0 .

I have the part on order, but its due date is Oct 5, on backorder...after GMB.

So are there any Yamaha dealers on this board that may have a donor bike sitting on the showroom floor or any ideas? I would replace the part with a new one once mine shows up.

• grayracer513

Posted September 16, 2006 - 06:22 AM

No way to fab one out of aluminum or brass temporarily?

• Satch0922

Posted September 16, 2006 - 01:06 PM

Dpw, the plastic "tube" part of the base valve assembly?

• DPW

Posted September 16, 2006 - 08:13 PM

No way to fab one out of aluminum or brass temporarily?

I asked that question and was told "no" by the shop working on my suspension.

Satch, I'm kind of a suspension retard when it comes to the internals, so I'm not sure if it's the same part you mentioned. I have not had a chance to run to the shop yet and check out the damaged parts...been a helluva busy week, but that is a different story. I was told the part is not sold separate and is part of the compression valve and only on the newer '06 forks. I will get some pictures Monday I hope.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted September 16, 2006 - 10:59 PM

I need some big help in finding a part, it's the same in all '06 big YZ's 125-450F

1C3-2316A-N0-00 .VALVE COMP.

I had a shop do some work for me a couple of months ago and they funked up the part....the plastic pressure spring holder which is part of item number 12 http://parts.yamaha-...ifx?d=84063,2,0 .

I have the part on order, but its due date is Oct 5, on backorder...after GMB.

So are there any Yamaha dealers on this board that may have a donor bike sitting on the showroom floor or any ideas? I would replace the part with a new one once mine shows up.

call ENZO 714-541-5218

• DPW

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:22 PM

The problem piece Posted Image

• aford541

Posted September 27, 2006 - 10:23 PM

The problem piece Posted Image

Did you call enzo?

• DPW

Posted September 28, 2006 - 02:37 AM

Did you call enzo?

yes...they sent me a replacement part for free other then overnight shipping charge.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.