Vapor question: How do i hook up the rpm pickup?

3 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted September 15, 2006 - 05:02 PM

I am not sure what to wrap the red wire around on my 05. I see the coil has two wires going to it than it all fits down in the head. How did you guys do it, I must be misunderstanding something here. Thanks for the help.

• Gadsen

Posted September 15, 2006 - 05:25 PM

I suspect you are working with an inductive coupling/pickup? The new Yammies have a coil with ignitor all in one, so you will just see a voltage/trigger wires. I suppose the coil will create a feild that should work, maybe wrap it around the coil housing, see if that works?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJHayesIII

Posted September 16, 2006 - 06:57 PM

I just wrapped it around the plug wire, right above the boot....

but, it seems like mine is reading a bit high, haven't had a chance to really check it out...I was just happy to get any reading...I'm guessing it's either wrapped too many times (if that even matters), or I didn't set the computer right

• RC81

Posted September 16, 2006 - 11:27 PM

Thats how I ended up doing it. Seems to work but the tach seems high to me too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.