06 yz450f gytr skid plate

29 replies to this topic
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted September 21, 2006 - 01:23 PM

When I was a kid I couldn't afford any aftermarket parts so I made my OEM parts look like aftermarket. The best was the cylinder head on my '79 YZ125...I painted it with gold spraypaint and it looked just like the DG head.

• dangwartz

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Yep! Back in the day, I had to walk to school 10 miles, up hill both ways, in sub-zero temps, too.

• barch88

Posted September 22, 2006 - 06:21 PM

Wes Woodin, that plate is sick, I would really buy one like right now, but I'm not going to be riding until next season because I broke my Tibia and Fibula, had to have surgery :thumbsup:, and I'm not even sure if I will be riding again next season. So there is no need to order the skid plate for my bike right now. I just wanted to let you know that looks like a awesome job, and I would buy it if I would put it to good use, but I don't think I will be. I think you PM'd me about it awhile ago too, so this sorta is a response.

About the GYTR and not fitting, sure you can drill it to make it fit, but I didn't pay $70 dollars to drill into the part to make it fit, the point is, for the expensive prices we pay, they should at least get the fitting right. I was very disappointed with my purchase of the GYTR Skid-Plate, however my GYTR Water-Pump cover fits just fine and quality is great. Yet, still, the principle of the matter is the part I paid for did not fit, either did the others I tired, and I should not have to drill into the fine craftsman ship of the work to make it fit. That is all I'm saying.

• Crash 2006

Posted September 22, 2006 - 07:36 PM

Wes Woodin, that plate is sick, I would really buy one like right now, but I'm not going to be riding until next season because I broke my Tibia and Fibula, had to have surgery :thumbsup:, and I'm not even sure if I will be riding again next season. So there is no need to order the skid plate for my bike right now. I just wanted to let you know that looks like a awesome job, and I would buy it if I would put it to good use, but I don't think I will be. I think you PM'd me about it awhile ago too, so this sorta is a response.

About the GYTR and not fitting, sure you can drill it to make it fit, but I didn't pay $70 dollars to drill into the part to make it fit, the point is, for the expensive prices we pay, they should at least get the fitting right. I was very disappointed with my purchase of the GYTR Skid-Plate, however my GYTR Water-Pump cover fits just fine and quality is great. Yet, still, the principle of the matter is the part I paid for did not fit, either did the others I tired, and I should not have to drill into the fine craftsman ship of the work to make it fit. That is all I'm saying.

"Tibia and Fibula"

How did you do that? That sounds like it hurt big time!!! Four months ago I broke my collar bone, tore up my rotator cuff, dislocated my shoulder and bruised my ribs and still rode out. I was seeing stars until I reached my truck. :p

I can't imagine breaking any of them larger bones in my leg!!! :lame:

• barch88

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:22 PM

"Tibia and Fibula"

How did you do that? That sounds like it hurt big time!!! Four months ago I broke my collar bone, tore up my rotator cuff, dislocated my shoulder and bruised my ribs and still rode out. I was seeing stars until I reached my truck. :bonk:

I can't imagine breaking any of them larger bones in my leg!!! :p

I cased a 100 foot triple, I came up about 6 feet short. I was pinned in 3rd on the YZF, just wasn't enough. I had to get 5 screws put in my leg, but I hear I will heal fine. I broke them right where they connect to the ankle. :thumbsup: :lame:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted September 23, 2006 - 09:55 PM

I cased a 100 foot triple, I came up about 6 feet short

Did your foot slip off the peg and touch the ground or what happened? What boots did you wear?

• barch88

Posted September 23, 2006 - 09:59 PM

Did your foot slip off the peg and touch the ground or what happened? What boots did you wear?

I think my foot may have slipped off the peg and nailed the ground when I bottomed out, it all happened so fast, and I think as soon as I bottomed out and the bike hit dirt I blacked out, so I don't remember exactly. I was wearing the new Tech 8's too, it just was such a hard hit and bad accident. They can't always protect you from everything, but just imagen how bad it would be with some tennis-shoes on!

• SureBlue

Posted September 23, 2006 - 10:12 PM

Sorry to hear, hope the leg will get better than new.
And yea, boots don't do miracles, I was just curious to know which boots you had. So no riding for some 4 months, right?

• ben_suhard

Posted September 24, 2006 - 12:36 AM

I cased a 100 foot triple, I came up about 6 feet short. I was pinned in 3rd on the YZF, just wasn't enough.

In 3rd? :lame: :thumbsup: Was that accidental, or did you know you were in 3rd? I probably would have been in 5th just in case!

I was wearing the new Tech 8's too, it just was such a hard hit and bad accident. They can't always protect you from everything, but just imagen how bad it would be with some tennis-shoes on!

Maybe tennis shoes would have been better, it's not often you hear of tennis players breaking their legs? :p

• Ga426owner

Posted September 24, 2006 - 06:03 AM

Barch - Wider pegs will help too. Sorry to hear about your leg man...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.