Aussie Idiot

4 replies to this topic
  • BBeavis

Posted September 15, 2006 - 12:50 AM

Hi All,
Seeing as my last attempt at messing with my bike was so successful (not) I thought it might be a good idea to ask the good folk at TT & in the USA for some basic instructions on chain tightening. for my 2001 XR650R.
Great bike, bought it second hand with no manual.
I know, its the the most basic, stupid question - but at the end of the day (and as you TT people know) I've been bit before, so I'd prefer to ask (perhaps confirming my idiot status in the process) and find out how to do it properly rather than being stuck somewhere west of Sydney - where the mountains are a b@stard and mobile phones don't work!!
Cheers all!,
BBeavis

• BushPig

Posted September 15, 2006 - 02:05 AM

Why get us bad names as idiots? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WebGringo

Posted September 15, 2006 - 02:22 PM

sit on the bike , have a buddy hold the bike upright and feel the chain while u jump up and down a bit.

its supposed to hang on the suspension , never the chain.

did that make sense to anyone ?

• Pounce

Posted September 16, 2006 - 04:13 PM

Made sense to me, and as an Aussie, BBeavis, sell the bike if you can't do something that simple.

• Fordskin

Posted September 17, 2006 - 03:40 AM

Ditch the name! We officially disown you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.