07 Limited Edition first ride report

14 replies to this topic
  • CROGGR

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:10 PM

Just got back from riding the new 07 YZ450. It was a short ride and the bike is brand new and really tight. I loved everything about the new bike except the motor. Dirt Rider was right....the 07 doesn't have any beans down low. After looking at the outlet of the boat ancor they call a muffler I noticed it was about the size of what should be on a TTR90. I quickly installed an 06 tail section and I'm happy to report the bike is strong! The 07 is a great bike, just remember to replace the tail section. The new header looks to be a stepped design and should work really well with any after market muffler! Looking forward to riding the bike again and doing a full test on it in the near future! Hopefully the 07 KX450 will be in next week and I'll be able to do a side by side evaluation! I'm expecting a lot from the KX this year!

• walent215

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:16 PM

how much otd?

• CROGGR

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:21 PM

how much otd?

Free! My son is sponsored and gets at least one bike and sometimes two a year. He gets to choose between the Kawi and the Yami!.....of course He has to give them back at the end of the year! :thumbsup:

• 700MX

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:25 PM

So.....after you switched silencers did it have better low end than your 06? Did you notice improved turning?

• adamdf

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:27 PM

once again, SWEET. I am interested in hearing more! Come on, don't hold back on us!

• CROGGR

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:41 PM

My 06 has been modified so it's not a fair comparison and I didn't get to ride the 07 very long due to the weather. I'll know more next week. But, the pipe switch is a must! The new pipe is quiet .......however, there are better choices out there for both quiet and performance!

• offthewall

Posted September 14, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Yeah it's good that it's quiet, but not if it completely ruins our fun. Would you say that the power down low is smooth or just not there at all?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RideRaceLive123

Posted September 14, 2006 - 09:31 PM

Yeah it's good that it's quiet, but not if it completely ruins our fun.

Well we won't be able have any fun at all if we don't keep our bikes quiet.

• SoZo

Posted September 15, 2006 - 04:05 AM

How Was The Turning?????????????????

• kyle450rider

Posted September 15, 2006 - 05:16 AM

Post some action pics:)

• Ga426owner

Posted September 15, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Hopefully the 07 KX450 will be in next week and I'll be able to do a side by side evaluation! I'm expecting a lot from the KX this year!

I am curious on this side by side eval - I think the KXF will be the total bike this year....

• offthewall

Posted September 15, 2006 - 03:33 PM

Yeah those Kawasaki's are going to be nice bikes for sure. However, I'm not even going to lie, the white bikes make me hot.

• barch88

Posted September 15, 2006 - 03:39 PM

Good write up, post some pictures of the beast! I won't be getting one, but it sounds to me like overall power, the '06 in stock form is better? Hows the longer rear shock, and other minor changes they made feel?

• bri647

Posted September 16, 2006 - 06:51 AM

Well we won't be able have any fun at all if we don't keep our bikes quiet.

Well said, and a point we all have to remember.

• mobius

Posted September 18, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Well, you have had all weekend to ride. Is there any kind of an update on your impressions of the bike?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.