98 Wr400f Problems, HELP!

4 replies to this topic

Posted September 14, 2006 - 02:51 PM

I have a problem with my bike. For no reason a few weeks after I put on a fmf powercore IV with the quiet insert the bike starts acting wierd. It's kind of hard to start now and when it warms up it backfires a lot and won't idle. it just stalls. Before this it was jetted perfectly but by the previous owner. It started on 1-2 kicks and made loads of power! Any idea what happened?

• trailordune

Posted September 14, 2006 - 03:37 PM

You're too lean with the new pipe. Time to re-jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • corywr400f

Posted July 15, 2008 - 05:24 PM

ya it needs rejetted

• joenino77

Posted July 15, 2008 - 05:33 PM

not sure what the problem is but I have a 98 400yz w/ power core IV and power bomb header and it works ridicuolosly great far better than the old stocker..., well I would hope so, good luck

• matt4x4

Posted July 16, 2008 - 04:20 AM

Ok, so why would it change a few weeks after he installed the pipe??? In all likelyhood, it's a plugged pilot jet.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.