YZ 450 Supermoto wheels.

4 replies to this topic
  • KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:57 AM

I know a fellow who has a few sets of Talon hub, excell rim, buldog spokes, spline nipple wheels, brand new, never had tires on them. He wants $1000 shipped. My brother has a YZ 450 so we are looking for a set of wheels for him. Would any of you think this is a good deal? I could wait to see what goes on ebay, but these are new for $1000. No tires, rotors or sprockets, but brand new. Good deal or not?

• mtrdrms

Posted September 14, 2006 - 10:21 AM

If you are looking for a spoked wheel with no carriers then I dont think thats a good deal. If you hold out you can find a nice used set on Ebay already set up for less than that but its a crap shoot. If you are looking for the best deal going, check out Carrozerria wheels from speedzilla.com They are forged aluminum and dont require a tube.
Its tough trying to find used supermoto stuff because its a market that is growing so fast that the industry can hardly keep up so all the used stuff that shows up is scarfed up quick and for nice ching. I would buy new and I would check out the one piece wheels.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted September 14, 2006 - 10:30 AM

mtrdrms, you are thinking of excel hubs. Talon hubs do not use carrier rings. If you are saying that you are getting a front and rear wheel for $1000, then you will be saving about $50 over buying them from white brothers. It seems like an okay deal, you decide.

• KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted September 14, 2006 - 10:36 AM

What about $800 for the wheels?

• KJ790

Posted September 14, 2006 - 10:44 AM

$800 is pretty good for 2 brand new wheels.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.