Lost timing plug

5 replies to this topic
  • Treagan

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:49 PM

At the track today, I found a boot covered in oil and no timing plug on my 06 yzf 450. Is there a better aftermarket product or should I just replace it with a factory ?plastic one and check it frequently. I don't think I lost to much oil.

• cowboyona426

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:54 PM

Buy aftermarket ones, like the Works Connection or GYT-R ones. The stock ones are made of lame plastic, and if you go just a tiny bit too tight when putting them back in they chip and its hard to get them tight the next time.

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:37 AM

The OEM plugs will stay put just fine if they're tight. They aren't torqued down enough as delivered.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikedabike

Posted September 14, 2006 - 03:25 PM

I put a little silicone on the outside just for a peace of mind. When I need to take them out the silicone just peels off.

• 02YZ426

Posted September 14, 2006 - 07:06 PM

Thats one piece thats on my pre ride checklist... If its tight your won't lose it!

• RideRaceLive123

Posted September 14, 2006 - 09:28 PM

If you want to waste money I think Ride Engineering has some cool looking ones.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.