Pastrana FMX ProTaper Bars???

6 replies to this topic
  • dukeryder

Posted September 13, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Anyone running these on an L? Thinking about dumping my Protaper SE Bars and putting on some Fat Bars, Looking at the Pastrana Bars or the Ricky Bend. I've got YZ HI SE bars on there now, would like something that'll absorb the Vibes better, and a nice high rise. But no so High I've gotta replace all my cables.

I know the Fat bars will cut down on the Vibes, on my Dad's LC4 KTM with Renthal Fat Bars there's NO Vibes in the bars (but still ass numbing in the seat and pegs :thumbsup: )

• KCSavage

Posted September 13, 2006 - 05:26 PM

I use the Renthal Fat Bars in the Ricky Charmichael High Bend with Moose adaptors. The stock cables will reach but just barely. I'm 6'4", and it makes standing actually tolerable for a change.

• dukeryder

Posted September 13, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Sweet, glad to know the cables will reach.:thumbsup:

I think I'm going to go with the KX High Bend, they're not quite as high as the Pastrana Bars but they're not so narrow.

I'm assuming the ProTaper Universal Adapter will work the same as the Moose?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted September 13, 2006 - 07:33 PM

I use the Renthal Fat Bars in the Ricky Carmichael High Bend on my 680cc bike but, I am only 5'10". Jay Lewis is 6'6" and has the Pro-Tapper FMX High bars and I like them better but, I like then rotated back a little more then the RC fatty bars. He has the applied triple clamps that mover the bars forward and I have the Scott's (same thing) that do also. On both of these setups we have the cables rerouted to come up on the rider side of the fars and triple clamps.
Posted Image

• honkylips

Posted September 13, 2006 - 09:53 PM

I've got the pastrana's on my R with some risers. Stock cables just make it. I'm 6'3" and love the bars.

• flanker

Posted November 07, 2006 - 01:43 PM

will these fit a 06 yz ?

• tommyj92028

Posted November 07, 2006 - 09:03 PM

They will fit any bike with oversize bar clamps.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.