Price of a 2005 650L

11 replies to this topic
  • PIP RC51

Posted September 12, 2006 - 01:09 PM

I just found a 05 650L close to me here in Pittsburgh. As the story goes, it was only in the woods 1-2 times and has a total of 800 miles on it. (Guy said wife is quiting work and some toys have to go ) I checked cycletrader, NADA and KBB for prices. HE is asking 4700 for it. Does this seem in the ball park :thumbsup:

What have others paid for a "L" with similar mileage ?

T.Y. PIP

• lrutt

Posted September 12, 2006 - 01:26 PM

too much.

I bought a 3 year old L with 990 miles on it for $3200.

The bike you're looking at is pushing 2 years old. I'd think not more than 4k myself.

• lhark

Posted September 12, 2006 - 03:19 PM

My '02 was only a year old, with 700 miles on it, and I bought it for $4200.00. It was stock, except for an IMS tank, some scuffs from soft bags, and a slightly tweaked shifter.

• philipstjohn

Posted September 12, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Kelly Blue book- 2005 650L Trade/2925 Retail/4260 This is in great condition, with low miles. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

• justicedone

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:20 PM

I bought my L one year old with 600mi and one owner, bone stock and showroom new. Owner was asking $5000, but I waved $4000 at him and he bit. I also got a bike cover and helmet. So I was very lucky and Happy !

I think since its almost 2007 you may get him in the 4k range

• Huffa 2

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:53 PM

To me it really doesn't matter if it's a 00,01,02,03,4,5,6 as the only thing they changed is the graphics and seat covers on them. I suppose there could be a few small things but nothing really significant enough to even mention . So if you can find a older one with low miles you could save another thou or two :thumbsup:

Be a whole different story if there were major improvements on them but there isn't ANY that I know of, so like said, don't rule out a "older" one.

For instance here is a 00 650 R model that is close to immaculate with 77 miles on it and a buy it now for 3350 and it may very well go cheaper then that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a beautiful 97 that's a ways to travel but you would be saving a lot of doe even with the travel. For the record I like the white more then the red and the 97 is my favorite graphic wise. Low mileage too! :applause:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about this too. It would take approx 74 gallons of gas figuring it at 15 mpg to travel the 1100 mile round trip (Pitts to RI) to pick that L up. 74X3= 222 bucks for gas and that's on the high side. 20 to the gallon and it's only 55 gallons used.

Yea I know most will frown at such a long trip but I went to Michigan (over 600 one way) for a bike and with a buddy the trip wasn't so bad (P/U bike, went to hooters :applause: and came home) so I wouldn't rule one out because of milage either unless it get's totally ridiculous reguarding the travel. I guess to some even the milage I'm talking is ridiculous but to me it really isn't a big deal. Leave Saturday, be back Sunday with your new bike! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ferdinand

Posted September 12, 2006 - 09:33 PM

Long trips can be worth it! :thumbsup: I just got a super clean 01 plated 650R with BD kit, new set of D606's, plus stock tires almost have half tread left on rear and front like new, less than approx. 1500 miles (I would say 1000 from looks of tires, side cases, and frame) for $3500, left at 730am was home at 130am. PA to IN about 7hrs each way. Do it again in a heartbeat. :applause:

• Huffa 2

Posted September 13, 2006 - 02:03 AM

Long trips can be worth it! :thumbsup: I just got a super clean 01 plated 650R with BD kit, new set of D606's, plus stock tires almost have half tread left on rear and front like new, less than approx. 1500 miles (I would say 1000 from looks of tires, side cases, and frame) for $3500, left at 730am was home at 130am. PA to IN about 7hrs each way. Do it again in a heartbeat. :applause:

That's exactly the kind of deal I expect to get too .

Good deal you got there buddy :applause:

SO WHERE IN PA ARE YOU FROM? I'm in Slatington Pa, 20 minutes N of Allentown and just met member Internal Combustion that is a bit over an hour away from me which has a really REALLY nice R motard ..........check his garage!!

We get enough guys fairly close and we can do some weekend rides together!

By chance you don't still have your 94hdaxr650l do you?

• goblin127

Posted September 13, 2006 - 06:53 AM

I paid 4500 for an 04 735mi in jan.05 Had a clark 4gl.tank that came with the stock bike.

• rebelventurer

Posted September 13, 2006 - 07:39 AM

If all is good offer $3800, no more, thats a $1000 more than he would get on a trade, if he turns it down walk away, too many good deals on 01-06 L models out there. I paid $3200 for an 03 all stock low miles never in the dirt, commuter. Good luck. Wait two more months it will be so cold up there, you should be able to find all kinds of deals.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted September 13, 2006 - 09:02 AM

"If all is good offer $3800..."

Offer what you can get it for, sure, but ouch...if he paid $5700, that'd be $2.375 per mile for the original owner, not including maintenance, insurance.

This is one reason I take care of my bikes, and keep them long term. My 250R may not be the latest, but it only cost me ~$240/year to own.

• Ferdinand

Posted September 13, 2006 - 06:19 PM

That's exactly the kind of deal I expect to get too .

Good deal you got there buddy :thumbsup:

SO WHERE IN PA ARE YOU FROM? I'm in Slatington Pa, 20 minutes N of Allentown and just met member Internal Combustion that is a bit over an hour away from me which has a really REALLY nice R motard ..........check his garage!!

We get enough guys fairly close and we can do some weekend rides together!

By chance you don't still have your 94hdaxr650l do you?

I'm on the other side of PA 45 minutes North of Pittsburgh. No I don't have a 94L that was a few years ago, just sold my other 02 650L (down to 2L's)to pigryders buddy for $2800 about a week ago, nice and clean 9800 miles.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.