Air Box plus ign. question

8 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_426

Posted September 12, 2006 - 11:27 AM

I have an '06 WR450F. I was looking at the icat ignition device and does anyone know if a company makes a Carbon Fiber air box for a WR? As for the icat, do any of you have it on your WR? I'll be doing most of my mods over the winter, I have a few of them ahead of me for my new bike.

• odonnks

Posted September 12, 2006 - 04:50 PM

For teh $$ go a little more and get the vortex X-10

• clark4131

Posted September 12, 2006 - 04:57 PM

ICat thread...SC

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:00 PM

I got the I-Cat first and since getting the vortex X10 I have no need for it. Just get the Vortex ignition it also solves the TPS / CDI stumble issue. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_426

Posted September 12, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Thanks guys for the info. Where can the Vortex be bought, online or possibly from my local MC shop?

• OneToGo

Posted September 13, 2006 - 03:08 AM

The Vortex does not entirely cure the stumble - on the road it is still there and largely a function of the TPS IMO.
The Vortex is big $ and IMO you would get more performance benefit from suspension work - jusy my .02.

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 13, 2006 - 02:21 PM

Vortex is exclusively sold in the USA one distributor and it totally eliminates my stumble at steady throttle down the road ( just my 2 yuans) :

MT Racing in Riverside , California (951) 353-1253

• OneToGo

Posted September 15, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hey Indy, you're not going to get ANY stumble with that 490 spinnin' your crank!!

• Thumper_426

Posted September 15, 2006 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Indy for the web address. Thats on my list for the winter to do list now vs. the icat. Ordering exhaust, JD kit, extra filters, oil and air, 1 1/8 bars also w/clamp. I learned thta the air box isn't going to happen also. WR air boxes can't be beat vs. YZ style carbon fiber style.
Thanks again............Mark :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.