had a little accident... Now need fork parts!!

7 replies to this topic
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted September 11, 2006 - 05:10 AM

I had a small wipe-out (large stump in the middle of a trail) and now have a bent front end on 2002 WR426F... I haven't had a real look at it or torn it down, but from appearances it looks like the left outer tube. Tire goes left, bars go right... Pretty upset, but &%$#@!... had fun up til then!!! I was wondering if anyone knows a place to get inexpensive replacement parts (Not cheap, but some dealerships can sell cheaper than others) I found most places, a replacement fork was closer to $700 US and the outer tube was close to $350 US... I haven't even priced them in Canada yet!!! I can hardly wait :thumbsup: Thanks for any help or direction you can give!!! I love the people on this site!!!!

I may post duplicates in the WR 250 and the YZ forums to get more help

• huffster

Posted September 11, 2006 - 05:31 AM

I'm sure you can get a complete fork off of E-bay for less than that 350 you mentioned just for the outer leg....However, you might not even need the outer tube...Loosen all your triple clamps and try to straighten the front end, it's easy to twist the tubes in the trees, thus making things look a lot worse than it appears...Good luck to ya !

• 89TRX350RX

Posted September 11, 2006 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.... I'll give that a try this Aft...

• barch88

Posted September 11, 2006 - 09:37 AM

First try to loosen everything up, it just may be out of wack, which happens. If you find out you do need parts, here are some good sites:

You're dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2stroker

Posted September 11, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Bending the forks is pretty difficult. Like the others have said, loosen your pinch bolts and try to straighten it that way.... it's happened to me several times and it takes about 5 minutes to fix. However, be careful with the torque specs on the forks... I've snapped a couple. I purposely leave them a little looser than spec.

• One Louder

Posted September 11, 2006 - 11:20 PM

ebay is your friend :thumbsup: I got new forks for a 98 yzf400 for 180$ including shipping

• 89TRX350RX

Posted September 15, 2006 - 06:02 PM

thanks to all... I loosened them up and shook them around a little... They straightened right up... I sure was Happy..

Posted September 15, 2006 - 06:11 PM

If you need a pair of triple clamps, I have the stock pair off of my '03 yz450f. I would let them go cheap if you need them.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.