Another exhaust question!!

3 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted September 11, 2006 - 05:05 AM

Yet another pipe question. :applause:

I am currently running the PMB insert and would like to get some opinions if an aftermarket pipe will improve performance remarkably. :applause:

Noise is not a problem as all my riding is in the middle of the desert far away from anyone that could be pestered by the loud sound. Ideally I would also like more gain low down if possible? Any advice or suggestions? :thumbsup:

• MountainMax

Posted September 11, 2006 - 02:22 PM

I too have an 06 wr, first i removed the exhaust restrictor, then ordered the PMB insert, then I removed the last baffle. Not bad, then I found a used 05 YZ450f muffler on ebay i bought it up for 9 bux. bolted it on, and wow. I love it. WAY more power and way more sound. It's very drivable around town (i ds mine) as long as i keep off heavy gas. When im out in the open i crack her and wow, love the sound and newfound power...... the outlet in the Yz muffler is so big i can put two fingers in there side by side, the stock restrictor won't even let you put your pinky finger in there.Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted September 11, 2006 - 07:39 PM

Without taking sound into consideration, which aftermarket pipe will give you the best bang for the buck?

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 11, 2006 - 07:57 PM

Without taking sound into consideration, which aftermarket pipe will give you the best bang for the buck?

The FMF Ti-Powercore is supposed to give this bike a crapload of boost. Problem is its made of thin titanium. It retails for $299.99 at most places.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.