Had a little accident... Now looking for FORK parts!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted September 11, 2006 - 04:58 AM

I had a small wipe-out (large stump in the middle of a trail) and now have a bent front endon 2002 WR426F ... I haven't had a real look at it or torn it down, but from appearances it looks like the left outer tube. Tire goes left, bars go right... Pretty upset, but &%$#@!... had fun up til then!!! I was wondering if anyone knows a place to get inexpensive replacement parts (Not cheap, but some dealerships can sell cheaper than others) I found most places, a replacement fork was closer to $700 US and the outer tube was close to $350 US... I haven't even priced them in Canada yet!!! I can hardly wait :thumbsup: Thanks for any help or direction you can give!!! I love the people on this site!!!!

I may post duplicates in the WR 250 and the YZ forums to get more help

• Yama4Stroker

Posted September 11, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I have a complete fork leg from a 99 yz400f. I don't recall which side it is, I believe its the left side, I will check later today. But the upper tubes are the same left to right. It's not bend and all works good. The seals might need replcacing as it has been sitting for a while. If your interested let me know.

• 89TRX350RX

Posted September 11, 2006 - 06:06 AM

I may be... I'm going to try loosening the tripple clamps and see if that is all it is first.... If it's bent and the tubes are the same from the 400 to the 426, I'll be getting hold of you... Thanks for the quick reply

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted September 11, 2006 - 02:14 PM

I have a stock set of tripples off of my 02 wr426 if you find those were damaged.

• H2OENG

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:27 PM

Theres a guy parting out an 01WR426 on ebay. I just saw a front end with no bids last night...

• 89TRX350RX

Posted September 15, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Thanks to all... as it turned out, I just had to loosen the clamps and rattle it around to straighten everything...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.