Amsoil over Motul oil?

4 replies to this topic
  • DrKtmkid

Posted September 10, 2006 - 12:51 PM

I've been using Motul synthetic oil in my KTM450exc since I got it about 9 months ago. I recently used Amsoil synthetic in my Dr650 and was really happy with the results. I was thinking about switching to Amsoil in my KTM...Any suggestions, advise?

• markbxr400

Posted September 10, 2006 - 12:56 PM

I use the Amsoil 20W50 in my 450EXC. Works great. As frequently as I change oil (every 7-10 hours), I could probably use about any MC oil. But for the $$, The Amsoil is a good oil.

• EM_rider

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:16 PM

I've been using Motul synthetic oil in my KTM450exc since I got it about 9 months ago. I recently used Amsoil synthetic in my Dr650 and was really happy with the results. I was thinking about switching to Amsoil in my KTM...Any suggestions, advise?

I'm sure you could switch to Amsoil from the Motul. Actually, any quality motorcycle synthetic would be fine. I've used Motul, Mobil 1 and Amsoil in the past.....basically whatever is handy.

I'm curious about what made you "happy with the results" of using Amsoil in your DR650? Did you notice a difference in performance, operating temps? I can't notice any difference between the oils listed above.
R

• Jaycycle

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:26 PM

I'm curious about what made you "happy with the results" of using Amsoil in your DR650? Did you notice a difference in performance, operating temps? I can't notice any difference between the oils listed above.
R

Yes Im curious about the same thing...

• DrKtmkid

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:47 PM

When I bought the Dr it had been running on reg castrol engine oil. I knew it when I purchased it but the clutch was also going out. When I put the amsoil in it the engine ran much smoother and cooler, it shuttered a little bit at idle and that went away too. %90 of the clutch slipping went away too. I was just very happy with the results and even though I already had a new cutch on the way I was really impressed with the dif it made in the slipping. Athough my KTM is running and always has ran great I was just wondering if the Amsoil was a better oil for all bikes.

Related Content

Reviews

KTM 500 XC-W 2013 by bincs

KTM 500 XC-W 2013
  • 2 reviews
  • Last review by sdcfish
  • On May 30, 2014
Forums
Photo

New 2015 KTM 500 EXC 6 days by hedonist222

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Just picked up an exc350 now what by callen8365

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

Jet kit question by teddy montana

• 11 replies
Forums
Photo

02 520 sx for $1400 by Bazuka Joe

• Hot  252 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.