which grease?

3 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted November 30, 2001 - 10:34 PM

pinch punch first of the month!

i want to wash out and repack my wheel bearings. any help?

• Bill

Posted December 01, 2001 - 03:00 AM

I use Maxima's waterproof grease. They claim low friction (good for things that move), waterproof (the obvious) and high impact strength (for parts like the linkage or steering head).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stefe9999

Posted December 01, 2001 - 06:46 AM

Funny you should ask, I just went through the selection process and ended up with AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic lithium complex racing grease.

• Guy

Posted December 01, 2001 - 07:25 AM

Taffy, Myself and my friend who is a Yamaha Technician, swear by Silkolene RG2 waterproof grease for wheel bearings, linkages etc, we have had a lot more success with this than any thing else! AND its a pretty pink colour! LOL :)

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Guy ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.