xr650r thermostat or not

4 replies to this topic
  • Hendi

Posted September 10, 2006 - 04:55 AM

Hi guys I live in Florida and yesterday as I was riding deep sand the radiator boiled so I guess that my thermostat is hot , I am thinking to take it aand ride without it , does any of you ride without one???
Thanks for any good info.

Hendi

• frankstr

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:29 PM

I just removed the center section of my thermostat...No over heating..
You need to have something in there to slow the coolant down enough to stay in the radiators, So they can do there job...
If you remove it completly the coolant flows thru too fast and does not get the chance too cool....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:39 PM

For years on my first XR650R I ran with out the thermostat. After doing reading some discussion on this forum I went down to NAPA and purchased their #115? (I think) thermostat. I have never looked back and feel much better when I ride my bike in the winter. After installing the power up kit I never had a problem with over heating. So I lived under the delusion that a thermostat was not needed.

• pigryder

Posted September 10, 2006 - 01:59 PM

All I got to say is that Honda put it there for a reason, and have they let you down yet?

• Max Power

Posted September 10, 2006 - 06:49 PM

All I got to say is that Honda put it there for a reason, and have they let you down yet?

:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.