stickers on gas tanks?

6 replies to this topic
  • wcorbett

Posted September 09, 2006 - 07:20 PM

both my dad and i ( i have an ims, he has a clarke) have sticker on our tanks and after about 2 days the sticker has bubbles all over it like the gas is doing somthing to the sticker. anyone know about this? also there is an xrs only graphics kit that goes on my tank with lots of tiny holes it in. will this do the same thing? :thumbsup:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 09, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Its because the porous plastic allows for a bit of gas/fumes to escape which in turn eats the adhesive. Ive heard good things about the graphics with holes but have not tried myself.

• justicedone

Posted September 09, 2006 - 08:13 PM

I have had perforated grafx on my clarke tank for over a year, and it still looks great. Its been through hell and back, and drenched on many ocassions. Also washed regularly after rides....I have had to glue the edge in a few tiny areas maybe twice to keep it flat using an automotive glue that was in a tube and looked almost like silicone, and it worked perfect.

They were made for an XR600r but work fine on the Clarke tank for an XR650L.
Pics in garage if your curious.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GIANTac1

Posted September 10, 2006 - 10:40 AM

Yup, HELL AND BACK! Those Starbucks runs were tough! I think I am gonna add some sticks myself.......

• azfabguy

Posted September 10, 2006 - 10:45 AM

check here

• GIANTac1

Posted September 10, 2006 - 10:49 AM

check here

Right on Guy! Thanks...... :thumbsup: Wait is that the store we are boycotting?

• BajaCyclesRider LK

Posted September 11, 2006 - 10:41 AM

For added stickers (ie sponsors, product,etc.) on the tank take a stapler and staple remover; staple all over the sticker, remove staples and stick on. They will stick and not bubble.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.