CR8EK ??

3 replies to this topic
  • Mark_M

Posted January 12, 2001 - 03:33 PM

Does anyone have experience with the CR8EK? It had 2 grounding posts on opposite sides of the plug, maybe help with fouling, etc??
Thanks

• Boit

Posted January 13, 2001 - 03:11 AM

I'm using the CR8EK. I can't say for sure that it superior to the CR8E that comes stock, but it sure seems to last a long time and has never fouled on me. Neither has the CR8E, but the original stock plug started misfiring at high RPM's so I've stuck with the "K" plug. I'm not endorsing either plug. All I can say is, try them both and make your own comparisons.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 13, 2001 - 03:16 AM

I have been using a Splitfire for some time now. It lasted my entire time in Moab w/ the ThumperTalk boys, AND my jetting is not right. I swear by Nippondenso (ND) Hot-U's having exclusively used them since 1980 but cannot find a local dealer that sells them.

I see Bosch has a new, fancy sparkplug. Our bikes were not referenced in the index. I did not know which plug we use so could not cross reference it for the Bosch.

Any experience from anyone on this new Bosch?

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• 250ccslider

Posted July 22, 2009 - 02:59 AM

My dad (500cc slider) uses this type of plug in his Jawa speedway bike, it runs methanol and is 500cc.
We tested the spark on the bench and it will favor 1 side, then as that wears out it will take on the other or better side.
It never sparks across the two at once.
He says its good for flooded starts on the engine, the carby has no floats or bowl, just a line straight into the main jet and can be hard to start if not 1st go. I know that because im the pusher :banana: .
Any way hope this helps.
c,ya.:worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.